Bank transaction connected to wrong recurring transaction

Options
Boydston
Boydston Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Bills and Income

My insurance payment of 251.20 downloaded from the bank. For some reason Simplify linked it to a recurring transaction of the amount 250.90. What the heck. There's nothing the same about the transactions. Payees not the same. Amount not the same.

Tagged:

Comments

• Boydston
    Boydston Member ✭✭
    Options

here are some screenshots

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't know the details of how Simplifi matches transactions, but I do know that it looks for amounts that are similar - not necessarily the same. Since the two amounts are just 30 cents different, it must be within that 'hey, these could be the same transaction' window for Simplifi.

You can unlink it here…

Supposedly, the more you do this sort of thing in Simplifi, the better it gets trained to not do it again. Also, if you haven't already, make sure to create Renaming & Categorization Rules for the transaction that got unintentionally changed. That will go a long way towards forcing Simplifi to categorize and rename transactions properly.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • Boydston
    Boydston Member ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, thanks—I fixed it. It's just really annoying that using Simplify is largely an effort of constantly fixing its mistakes.

This discussion has been closed.