$0 balance and no holdings with TreasuryDirect (edited)

Options
Palavis
Palavis Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Investments

Hi,

I am unable to connect to TreasuryDirect account and High yield American express savings account. Was anyone able to do it successfully?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Palavis, thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to connect to TreasuryDirect in Quicken Simplifi. When viewing your connection attempts from our end, it looks like you're receiving a 185/187 error, which indicates an issue with completing MFA. With that, I have a few questions to better understand the issue:

1. Is the issue occurring on an existing account, or is this your first time connecting to TreasuryDirect in Quicken Simplifi?
    2. Are you prompted to complete MFA with this bank in Quicken Simplifi? If so, are you receiving the code?
    3. What method of MFA are you using? Have you tried any others if available?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Palavis
    Palavis Member ✭✭
    Options

I was able to provide the OTP and be able to connect to TD account. But the problem is it shows the value as zero. There are some TBills in that account which is displayed as zero value

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Palavis, I'm glad to hear you were able to get connected!

Are you now seeing the issue that's being discussed here:

-Coach Natalie

• Palavis
    Palavis Member ✭✭
    Options

I am facing a different issue where the TreasuryDirect account has got connected but shows the account name with value as zero. It doesn't pull any portfolio details. I have just Tbills in the TreasuryDirect account, no bonds

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Palavis, thanks for confirming!

Please provide the following information so we can take a closer look at escalating this:

1. The name of the account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (this is the list of all accounts and balances on the left side of the Dashboard on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, or the list of all of your accounts when you select "Accounts" from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App).
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    4. The balance for the account as displayed on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    6. A screenshot of the holdings on the bank's website for a comparison.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Palavis, thanks for sending the info!

Since it looks like you're also seeing an issue with the Portfolio Value and Holdings, in addition to the balance for the account, I went ahead and added you to the ticket I already created for the other user in the above-referenced post for ibonds. I think these issues are very similar and should be looked at as a whole with TreasuryDirect, even though the bond type differs.

I'll let you know when we hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8143

• Palavis
    Palavis Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, will wait for your reply.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Palavis, thanks for your patience as this was being researched!

I've heard back on the escalation and the issue is with Treasury Bills. A scripting ticket has been filed to fix the issue, but still no ETA on a resolution. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything further.

-Coach Natalie

• Palavis
    Palavis Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Natalie for the update. I hope the fix comes sooner :)

• TheEagleHasLanded
    Options

I've been trying to connect to Treasury Direct for months and, after putting in my account# and password, I get an email with an OTP, which I enter. It always returns a CC-501 error that tells me to try again later. Last tried tonight (1/2/24) I'm using Quicken Deluxe version R53.32 and build 271.53.32 on Windows 11.

Any ETA on the fix?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@TheEagleHasLanded, your screenshot appears to be from Quicken Classic, so you'd want to post to their Community for help.

https://community.quicken.com/

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• djibouti
    djibouti Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Is this any update on this bug?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@djibouti, thanks for reaching out!

There is no update to provide on the ticket that was submitted for the OP's issue. With that, I don't see that you've participated in this discussion or the other TreasuryDirect discussion here. Are you also seeing an issue with your TreasuryDirect accounts due to tbonds or ibonds?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• djibouti
    djibouti Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie first of all, TreasuryDirect updates take many minutes to process. Once "successful", my I bonds are also not showing up, at all. It's not just the "latest value". They used to be there, then one update a few months ago they disappeared. Now they aren't coming back.

• djibouti
    djibouti Member
    Options

I just tried with my wife's account, which had 2 I-bonds. Once again, they disappeared after updating.

• djibouti
    djibouti Member
    Options

I switched to manual, detailed accounting. Quicken had added a balance adjustment which was setting my amounts to $0.00. The weird thing is that my wife's Dashboard and Portfolio still showed the right amount, even though the total on the accounts list showed $0.00. Very, very buggy!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@djibouti, thanks for sharing additional details!

If the account is connected to the bank and you are also seeing the same issue that's been reported in this thread where your TreasuryDirect ibond accounts have an incorrect balance or holdings, please provide the information that was requested above (see here) so you can be added to the ticket. If the account is manual, it sounds like you're experiencing this known issue:

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.