Citibank Error FDP-102

Options

I just signed up as MINT is closing down. Both are Intuit companies, yet with Mint I can access my Citibank accounts and with Simplifi I receive this FDP-102 error to try again later for 2 days now. This service is not valuable to me if it cannot access all my accounts.

Tagged:

Comments

• truckmann
    Options

I'm seeing the same issue with my Citi card here. One thing to note though. Quicken/Simplifi is not an Intuit company. It was sold off from Intuit in 2016 and is now a totally separate entity.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For the record, Citibank is working for me with my Costco Anywhere Visa card from Citi (and under separate site, my Best Buy Store Card from Citi). I'm not sure if this is affecting you, buy my understanding is Citi 2-step authentication is currently incompatible with Quicken Simplifi, you might have to turn that off on citi's website. They are, I believe, switching the kind of connection (to an API) for Citi, and that new connection _(when it's done) will probably support 2-step authentication.

Rob Wilkens

• crashmasterd
    Options

I am not using 2step authentication with Citi, so that is not the issue.

• bhoffman50
    Options

I'm also making the transition from Mint, however Quicken is no longer an Intuit company. I received the error you mentioned when I added the account using the Citi Card option. I deleted it and added it as Citi Bank and it appears to be working. Hopefully that can help you.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hello All,

We apologize for the issues connecting to Citi in Quicken Simplifi. The 102 error with Citi is a known issue:

For this particular issue, we do recommend adding/updating your Citi accounts outside of peak hours to reduce the odds of receiving the 102 error. And there is an end in sight (hopefully!), as we anticipate these issues will clear up when we migrate to Citi's OAuth API. No confirmed ETA on this yet, but it is one of the next anticipated banks to migrate.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• BankitJames
    Options

Same issue here. Not using MFA. Former long-time Mint user looking for a replacement. Like many others on these forums, Citibank is my main operating account and until this OAuth API gap is closed, Simplifi can't be considered as a Mint replacement. I would move this up to the top of the engineering queue before competitors like PocketSmith or Tiller Money pick up all the Mint-displaced clients.

• vollmas
    vollmas Member ✭✭
    Options

Former decade-plus Mint user here as well, respectfully piling onto this request to get the Citi connection working. I have the Citi Costco credit card in particular, and it allows me to go through the entire process, including multi-factor text, but gives me the dreaded 102 error. This is one of the last accounts that I am trying to get added to Simplifi that was previously connected to Mint. I love the UI, tagging, and watchlist features, among other things, but I have honestly been a little disappointed so far that multiple accounts are having connection issues that Mint (a free service) seemed to have no trouble with.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I use citi costco visa here, if it matters i have mfa turned off. I understand they're upgrading the citi connection to use the OAuth API or something like that, when done it "should" support mfa.

Rob Wilkens

• vollmas
    vollmas Member ✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk have you by chance tried to turn MFA back on after adding the account successfully?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@vollmas No, I don't recall trying that. If I tried turning it on now, i'd probably have to wait for morning for the next sync to test it.

Rob Wilkens

• sarakate
    Options

Hello. Just transferred over from mint. Is the Citibank link working yet? I can't find it in the search list.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @sarakate,

There is still a known issue with connecting to Citibank and Citi Cards. When you say you can't find it in the search list, are you referring to the Alert? If so, here's the link:

I would recommend that you bookmark it so that you'll be able to see when there are updates and when it's resolved.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• mikefullmer
    mikefullmer Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I am moving from Mint as well and signed up for Simplifi to replace mint. I cannot connect my Citibank Credit cards, I have turned off the MFA and tried it. I tried going into the app an letting it accept the connection. No luck. It works great for Mint. These are a couple of my main cards that I use. Please update the group. This could be a show stopper

This discussion has been closed.