Adding Teacher Retirement System of Texas does not work

Options
sigmar
sigmar Member

Dear Quicken experts. I tried to add an account from TRS, Teacher Retirement System of Texas under Simplifi, I was able to put in the user name and password, and received authentication message on my cell phone, after putting in the six digit authentication code, I receive the message that "You have already added all your accounts at this bank." But the account has not been added.

Is there an issue with TRS connection at Simplifi?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@sigmar, thanks for posting!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, I'm seeing successful connections for you for Teacher Retirement System of Texas. Can you navigate to Settings > Accounts to see if this financial institution is listed, please?

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• sigmar
    sigmar Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Dear Coach Natalie, thank you so much for looking into this for me. Under Settings, and my account, I do not see TRS (Teacher's Retirement System of Texas). I tried to add the account again, it is again saying "You have already added all your accounts at this bank". Could you please check into why this is happening? There are millions of people with TRS, it would be great if we can link TRS with simplifi. Thank you!

• Coach Natalie
    edited November 2023
    Options

@sigmar, thanks for taking a look and posting back!

Please provide the following information for an escalation:

1. What type of account(s) are you attempting to add?
    2. Has there been any activity in the account(s) in the last 90 days?
    3. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    4. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    6. A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing the "you have already added all your accounts" message.

I look forward to working with you to get this resolved!

-Coach Natalie

• rpesta
    Options

Same issue. The account does NOT show in my Accounts pane.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@rpesta, thanks for posting!

To clarify, are you also seeing an issue with Teacher Retirement System of Texas specifically? If so, what is the exact issue that's occurring? Have you navigated to Settings > Accounts to see if the bank is listed there?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• rpesta
    Options

That is correct. You enter your TRS (Teacher Retirement System of Texas) credentials and it then will ask you for your SMS 2FA code. You enter that and then it pops up with a message that states "You have already added all your accounts at this bank", but this account does NOT show up in your "Accounts" pane and does not show in your dashboard.

I suspect some sort of connection fault on the backend, but an odd error message nonetheless, since the account is not visible.

I'm a Sr. Engineer, so can provide screenshots, video capture, etc to assist in remedying this. This account is for my wife.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@rpesta, thanks for clarifying the issue!

Please provide the above-requested information as follows for an escalation:

1. What type of account(s) are you attempting to add?
    2. Has there been any activity in the account(s) in the last 90 days?
    3. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process?
    4. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (the page that lists all accounts and balances - feel free to redact any private info) that has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    6. A screenshot of the Add Account screen in Quicken Simplifi showing the "you have already added all your accounts" message.

-Coach Natalie

• rpesta
    Options
    1. What type of account(s) are you attempting to add? Retirement
    2. Has there been any activity in the account(s) in the last 90 days? Yes, money is deposited monthly into the account.
    3. Has the bank made any recent changes to its website or sign-in process? Unsure if they have but it's the State of Texas so I doubt it. To my knowledge, the login process has been the same for some time, and they are using Okta for sign-in.
    4. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website. "TRS"

I've attached the requested pictures.

• Coach Natalie
    edited December 2023
    Options

@rpesta, thank you!

I have gotten this escalated and will let you know as soon as I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10678615

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@rpesta & @sigmar, thanks for your patience as this was being researched!

It looks like this is a known issue. Our service provider stated that they've tried to get in contact with the bank to resolve the issue, but have been unsuccessful. They suggest contacting the bank directly to help make them aware of the impact. It doesn't sound like anything further can be done from our end at this time.

Sorry for not having better news, but I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• josue91arenas
    Options

Has there been any additional updates? is the solution really to have us call TRS?

"yeah hi, i cannot connect TRS to quicken, can you please call them?"
    TRS Agent: "?"

• Seanmcasey
    Options

Hi just adding that I also have this exact same issue. "You enter your TRS (Teacher Retirement System of Texas) credentials and it then will ask you for your SMS 2FA code. You enter that and then it pops up with a message that states "You have already added all your accounts at this bank", but this account does NOT show up in your "Accounts" pane and does not show in your dashboard."

Thanks for working to resolve it…

Sean Casey

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Seanmcasey, thanks for posting on this topic!

As mentioned last month, we did escalate a case for this issue and our service provider informed us that it's a known issue. Have you followed the recommendation given above and contacted the bank, by chance?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• TX_Hefe
    Options

TRS is NOT a bank. It is a retirement system like a 410k investment company. I am having the same issue as described. Quicken needs to call TRS and fix the backend tech issues. Asking users to call TRS in hopes of solving the problem is outrageous.

This discussion has been closed.