More detailed CSV Exports (original name and description, flags, reviewed)

Options
dave_sxxxxx
dave_sxxxxx Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Feature Requests

Started looking at Simplifi since Mint is shutting down, and I've really been impressed so far.

I do a lot of work in Excel with my exported transactions, and three fields that would be very handy to have in the export (.CSV) are (in priority order):

• The original transaction name/description as it shows up on the statement
  • The flags
  • The Reviewed checkbox — this could just be a tag, but it seems wacky to add a custom tag given the checkbox is already on the form.

Let me know if I should split these into separate requests.

Thanks!

-D

28 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• oggg
    oggg Member
    Options

Same here. The lack of the original description in the export file is a deal breaker

• mchill
    Options

Same here, especially after being burned by the shutdown of Mint. I'm extremely hesitant to put my data somewhere that it can't be fully extracted from if I need to move it somewhere else in the future. The original description is a must-have.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with this. As a former Mint user, I am keeping a raw file data in Excel with some historical charts in it The Simplifi export is usable here but I want the original statement text in the designated column in my file.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• DavidB
    DavidB Member ✭✭
    Options

I agree

• random
    random Member ✭✭
    Options

+1, please! Just seems so basic, esp for our tax records etc…

• bling
    bling Member
    Options

i wish this was voted higher so it gets more attention. the original description definitely needs to be included in the export.