Add a progress bar to Watchlist cards (edited)

Options
SpaceTim
SpaceTim Member
edited November 2023 in Feature Requests

It's hard to quickly see how my watch lists are doing versus the target. I know some of this I could get from Planned Spending, but the Planned Spending doesn't add up the Bills and Subscriptions. Also, I'm not sure if the "projected number" is helpful.

11 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• EricH33947
    Options

The spending plan tiles show a visual bar of current spend relative to planned spend. The watchlist tiles should have the same visual when a target is set. :-)

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The watch list does not have the same progress bar visual.

Watchlist

Planned Spending

I see the value of using a watchlist target for expenses that occur under the bills and subscriptions area for some.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also, given that the projected calculation, stated below, is not helpful to me, I will be in favor of replacing the this month modal with the same display as planned spending.

Projected calculation explanation from help

The Projected amount displayed for Watchlists is calculated by taking the average amount that's been spent per day during the month (including upcoming Reminders), and then Quicken Simplifi uses that average to project forward for the number of days remaining in the month.

Minter 2014-2023

• quinnwolf
    Options

I would love to see how far off from my target I am in each watchlist tiles in the "this month" section. It would just be "spent so far" minus "target", and ideally it would be red if that number was positive and green if that number was negative. This way I can see how much I have left to spend this month or how much over I am this month in each watchlist.

I don't find the "projected" very useful. You can get rid of that to make way for this if you want.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

There is an idea for a progress bar for a watchlist. The progress bar will let you know if you exceeded the target if implemented.

[removed link to merged thread]

Minter 2014-2023

• WatchWater
    WatchWater Member
    Options

I set the watchlist and see the number increase but it's hard at a quick glance to see which watchlist to keep an eye one. It be great to have a gauge or progress bar. I personally like a Car Dial Gauge like visual and having an option for Monthly vs Annual gauge. Example. My Auto Repair watchlist is Annual while my city water bill is monthly. So having an Annual gauge for water doesn't do me much good in February but month-to-month is valuable.

Thank you

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17
    Options

Your request sounds similar to the one below, which has 9 votes. With more votes, the chances for consideration rise.

[removed link to merged thread]

Minter 2014-2023

• WatchWater
    WatchWater Member
    Options

It be great to have a progress bar per month by some wishlist items and by year by others items.

I personally like a Car Dial Type gauge/graph