Clicking on a month from the 'Spending' Dashboard card should open the Report to that month (edited)

Options
RockLee
RockLee Member ✭✭✭
edited March 8 in Report a Bug

Currently when clicking the "Spending" window on the dashboard it always takes you to the current month regardless of where on the bar graph you click. The more intuitive behavior would be to take the user to the month clicked under the mouse cursor, especially since there is already a mouse over caption for the given month. Also, all the transactions for that month should be displayed.

Comments

• Nu2Money
    Nu2Money Member ✭✭
    Options

The Income card behaves the way you're suggesting.

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yea, strange that it would be implemented that way in Income but not in Spending.

• idkmanm
    idkmanm Member
    edited January 16
    Options

From Dashboard Spending widget, click on a previous month.

It redirects to spending report but always shows the current month rather than the month clicked from dashboard.

Spending report should have the month clicked from dashboard preselected already.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited January 19
    Options

@idkmanm, thanks for posting!

Since this ability is not currently available in Quicken Simplifi, I'd suggest adding your vote and feedback to this existing Idea post requesting it: [removed link to merged thread]

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Actually I was the person who added the feature request, but when looking at it further I believe this is a bug. I think the developers intended it to work the way we think it should work. I've been meaning to create a bug for this but haven't gotten to it yet.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RockLee - definitely looks like a bug.

On the web app, I click on a given month's income bar in the dashboard and it takes me to the income report for the given month (example October 2023).

On the web app, I click on a given month's expense bar in the dashboard and it takes me to the spending report but always to "this month". Example - I click on the October 2023 bar and the link takes me to January 2024.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Given the Spending card on the dashboard, If I click the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc… (from the left) month bar in the graph then Simplifi takes you to the daily report of the current month and highlights the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.. day of the current month, which makes no sense. I think it is clear that the developers intended to take the user to the 6 month report, just like the card, and to select the corresponding 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.., month in the report.

For example, with the spending card, if October is the 3rd month from the left, then if I click that bar I will be take to the report that show the 3rd day of this month. Given that the logic shows the 3rd bar in the report, the 6 month report makes much more sense given it will show the 3rd month in the report, October.

This is the way the Income card works.

• RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    Options

Added: [removed link to merged thread]

• idkmanm
    idkmanm Member
    edited January 19
    Options

It redirects to /reports/spending/by-none/over-time?selectMonth=2 (depending on which month you click) then redirects to just over-time and no month is selected. It looks like it is trying to preselect a month, but it's not, so this looks like a bug @Coach Natalie

Using income graph, it goes to /reports/income/by-none/over-time?selectMonth=2 and then to /reports/income/by-none/over-time which works.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thanks for pursuing this, everyone!

I went ahead and got this behavior reported and will let you all know when I hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19315

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Great news! A fix for this issue is expected with the 3.99.0 Web Release.

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8
    Options

I just tested this item and it is fixed with the new release 3.99

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.