All transactions download as "Card Purchase" or "Bill Pay" with Alliance Credit Union (edited)

Options
System
System Administrator admin

Comments

• HealsBadMan
    Options

Same thing happens with my local credit union, it seems Simplifi truncates the transaction details (but is still reading them before doing so)

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@HealsBadMan, thanks for reaching out!

To get a clearer picture of what's going on, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the credit union.
    2. The type of account the issue is occurring with.
    3. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card was used)?
    4. Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)?
    5. How does the "Appears on your statement as…" info read for the transactions in question?
    6. A screenshot of how the transactions in question are downloading into Quicken Simplifi.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• HealsBadMan
    Options

1. The name of the credit union. Alliance Credit Union (alliancecutx.com)
    2. The type of account the issue is occurring with. (Checking Account)
    3. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card was used)? Debit card purchases say "Card purchase" and if I pay a bill it comes up as "Bill Pay"
    4. Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)? My capital one checking account does not have this problem
    5. How does the "Appears on your statement as…" info read for the transactions in question?
    6. A screenshot of how the transactions in question are downloading into Quicken Simplifi.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@HealsBadMan, thanks for the reply!

I think I know what's going on, and if so, we'll need to escalate the issue; to be sure, would you mind providing the info for #5 and #6, please?

-Coach Natalie

• HealsBadMan
    Options

Apologies, I had not confirmed my email yet so it removed my upload, here it is

@Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@HealsBadMan, thank you!

I'd like to go ahead and get this escalated. To do so, please provide the following additional information:

1. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail view for 2 additional example transactions that show the Date, Payee, Amount, and "Appears on your statement as…" info (maybe provide one of the "Bill Pay" transactions for one of the examples so we can see both types).
    2. A screenshot of the same example transactions from the bank's website for a comparison.
    3. A screenshot of your Quicken Simplifi account register for this account that gives a general overview of how your transactions look for the account.

If you prefer to provide any of this info privately, you can send it to me via a DM here in the Community.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@HealsBadMan, thanks for providing the requested information!

I have gotten this escalated and will be sure to post back as soon as an update is received. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8349

• HealsBadMan
    Options

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any update on this?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@HealsBadMan, no update as of yet.

-Coach Natalie

• HealsBadMan
    Options

If there's any way for me to help test any fixes or anything please let me know, between this and my TCDRS account not showing those are my two biggest accounts so it is making using this product not the greatest experience, I am trying hard to like it here

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@HealsBadMan, this issue should now be resolved for newly downloaded transactions. Can you take a look in Quicken Simplifi and let us know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• HealsBadMan
    HealsBadMan Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie Hello, I finally have some transactions that came in, but unfortunately now they are just showing a string of numbers for the payee for example "#703487 703487"

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

Could you please provide a bit more information? Is this happening with all the same transaction types as you were having the original payee issue with? If not, then please specify which transaction types are affected.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• HealsBadMan
    Options

@Coach Kristina Yes these are the same types of transactions from this account

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@HealsBadMan, thanks for confirming!

I went ahead and reopened the ticket and let them know what's happening now. I'll post back if they need any further info from you, or when there's an update to provide.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8349

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@HealsBadMan, they need to see a screenshot of how that example transaction you provided above looks on the bank's website.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@HealsBadMan, have you been able to take a look at this, by chance?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@HealsBadMan, I just wanted to reach out one last time before closing out the escalation. Let us know if this is still happening for you and provide the requested info, please.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.