System
System Administrator admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Simplifi shows every payee as Debit Card Withdrawal with Publix Credit Union

Comments

• rosneme
    rosneme Member
    Options

I am seeing the same thing. The Payee field and the Appears on your statement field both match what is in the NAME field in the .qfx file I downloaded from my Credit Union. Unfortunately, that field only says "ACH Withdrawal" or "POS Card Purchase" etc.. in my case. The real information comes in the MEMO field in the .qfx file. Like McDonalds etc.. Is there any way we could pick which field to use, or get both fields combined etc..?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@rosneme, thanks for posting!

To get a clearer picture of what's going on, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the credit union.
    2. The type of account the issue is occurring with.
    3. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card was used)?
    4. Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)?
    5. How does the "Appears on your statement as…" info read for the transactions in question?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• rosneme
    rosneme Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    1. Together Credit Union
    2. Checking
    3. All debit card transactions show up, not sure about transfers / checks etc.. I don't have many of those to verify.
    4. This appears to be tied to my credit union, credit card accounts etc.. don't display this way.
    5. "Appears on your Basic Checking Acct statement as Card purchase on Nov 16, 2023." "Payee - Card Purchase"
    6. It appears "Pending" transactions don't show up this way, just cleared transactions. If that matters any??

• rosneme
    rosneme Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

This is from a different transaction, but here is a piece of the .qfx file from the credit union. You can see they are putting the important information under MEMO not under NAME:
    <STMTTRN>
    <TRNTYPE>DEBIT
    <DTPOSTED>20231115000000[-6:CST]
    <TRNAMT>-30.00
    <FITID>20231115000000[-6:CST]*-30.00*42**Card purchase
    <NAME>Card purchase
    <MEMO>MCDONALD'S F19156 5814 (2023-11-14)
    </STMTTRN>

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@rosneme, thanks for sharing some additional insight!

We wouldn't want to look at a QFX file for something like this. Instead, please provide the following details so we can take a look at escalating this for your credit union:

1. The name of the account the transactions reside in, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for 3 example transactions the issue is occurring with (taking these from the Web App will be much easier and will show all of the data in just one screenshot per transaction, as we will need to see the Payee field, as well as the "Appears on your statement as…" info).
    3. A screenshot of these same example transactions as displayed on the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of what transactions look like in this account in Quicken Simplifi while they're pending (this may matter 🙂).

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@rosneme, thanks! I got this escalated and will let you know when I hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8206

• rosneme
    rosneme Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie , Any update on this issue?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@rosneme, nothing yet. Sorry for the delay, and I'll be sure to let you know right away when I see an update. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• rosneme
    rosneme Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie
    Hello - Any luck yet?

• rosneme
    rosneme Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie
    Any update? It has been over 2 months now.

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 24
    Options

@rosneme, still no update — sorry! Once an update becomes available, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks for your continued patience!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@rosneme, this issue should now be resolved for newly downloaded transactions. Can you take a look in Quicken Simplifi and let us know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• rosneme
    rosneme Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie - It's working!!! Not sure what they did, but it looks perfect!
    Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.