Multiple Recurring Transfers not working

Options
RockLee
RockLee Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Bills and Income

I wish to add create two recurring transfer, one for my PayPal credit card, the other for my Prime credit card. They are both with two different institutions. I have the following:

I add a new recurring series called "PayPal CC Payment"

After adding I have this:

I then Add another Recurring series to my for my Pime Credit card, on the line with "+266.20" Called "Prime CC Payment"

After Creating this series I get this:

However, from the mouse over, the former "PayPal CC Payment" has been renamed, or converted" to the "Prime CC Payment". And when Looking at the series on the recurring payment page in Settings I indeed only have the one "Prime CC Payment" series:

While I was producing this error, I also got an application error within Simplifi , and submitted feedback through the application with the reference id: 407357477294270720

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I cannot say this is why whatever is happening is happening.

But, how I would handle this typically is using linked transfers. That is, rather than a credit card payment category, I would set a category as a transfer (subcategory is the account name of other side of the link). This way both sides of the PayPal transaction are 'linked', and you would only need to enter one transfer series (rather than two), which would cover both sides of the transfer (account sent from and account received).

I will also point out that if something was automatically linked (to a series) that shouldn't have been, you can 'retrain' the service by manually unlinking and/or relinking it. The software claims to learn as you train it.

Rob Wilkens

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I’d agree with Rob. That’s the only thing I immediately see. I use the “CC Payment” Category if only one side of the transfer is represented in Simplifi; one back is in Simplifi, but the other only

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • RockLee
    RockLee Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ahh, I see, thanks, I didn’t know specific transfer sub categories are created for each account, I like how that works actually. I created all my recurring account transfers this way without any issues, including my example above. Clearly this is the intended way for it to be done in Simplifi.

This discussion has been closed.