Linked CC transaction payee names

Options
botjnilt
botjnilt Member
edited December 2023 in Managing Your Transactions

Why do some transactions mess up the Payee's so bad to the point of causing miscategorizations?

For instance, Noom gets auto-converted to payee Ooma even though Simplifi lists the transaction detail as: Appears on your <xyz> statement as as NOOM INC SUB.NOOM.CO on <date>

Note that Ooma is a valid company in the internet/phone space but I didn't have any rename or category rules set up to cause this.

It's not a big deal for me to handle since I'm only a client of Noom and not Ooma but if you were a client of both, I'm not sure how you would handle it. I have seen this thing occur before so wondered what the logic was or if this was a bug?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@botjnilt, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this behavior!

Since Quicken Simplifi is designed to learn over time, I'd suggest some manual intervention in hopes that things improve for you down the road. You can either edit the Payee for the transactions in question to correct it, or you can even create a Payee Rule so the issue doesn't occur again. When creating a Payee Rule, you'd want to look at the "Appears on your statement as…" info when selecting your keywords.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4792733-how-to-use-transaction-rules#create-a-payee-rule

Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.