New user, homescreen is dead

Options
buzzrolltodd
buzzrolltodd Member
edited January 2 in Report a Bug

I just signed up and successfully signed in (I can see my account info). The start screen only has Help and My Account buttons and nothing else to click on. In the center of the screen there is a Quicken logo and the message, "You're on your way to taking control of your finances." However, there is nothing to click on to use the program. Not a good start…

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @buzzrolltodd

Indeed, not a good start. Fellow user here, so I can't do any technical helpdesk type stuff.

Are you using the mobile app on a phone or table (mobile app is best on a phone, on a tablet I use the web app) or are you using the web app on desktop or laptop?

My first reaction to this would be to close the app/website and try logging in again.

It can be a bit tricky getting to Quicken Simplifi form the Quicken main website. Here is the web address for Simplifi:

https://app.simplifimoney.com/

If closing out the app/website and restarting doesn't help one suggestion I often see from more tech savy users is to clear your browser cache or cookies or something along those lines and then try logging back in.

Finally, I believe there has been a rather large influx of new uesrs and though I can't imagine Quicken not having the band width, the past week or so I've noticed a couple of hick-ups when I've logged in.

I imagine you will hear from others, including most likely @Coach Natalie so don't give up!

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • buzzrolltodd
    buzzrolltodd Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks, Danny, for taking the time. I cleared the cache and used your link to sign in (BTW, it is the same location I was using, the web app).

I noticed that a promising looking screen loaded, and then the "dead" screen I was getting loaded over it. I am on a laptop and began to suspect maybe I wasn't seeing everything. So, I blindly hit the "tab" key and then "enter". That brought me to the Add an Account option. Yes!

I continued to only get part of the view, so I Zoomed out using my browser settings. That seemed to do the trick. So, the lesson is, if you are on a laptop, you may not see everything and need to zoom out.

Answers

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@buzzrolltodd

Were you in a Mac laptop? If so, there is - I believe - a known issue with scrolling which doesn’t really match your issue. Just trying to help troubleshoot.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @buzzrolltodd how's it going? Have you been able to make progress with Q-Simplifi?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.