Ability to disable the "We found a new recurring item!" prompts (edited)

Options
the_scottster
the_scottster Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Feature Requests

I don't want to mark any bills as recurring, and I'd rather not be prompted to do this. It's just a feature I don't want to use. Please allow me to turn it off.

Long time Mint user jumping into Simplifi-world!

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm curious about what "prompt" you are referring to. It could mean a couple of different things, and I want to be sure I understand the workflow you are using when you see this prompt and don't want to.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp I think (not sure) they're referring to where it "automatically" identifies recurring bills and prompts for that (I think that's a newer feature since I joined). For me, the few times that's happened have been mostly useless (misidentified for example).

I would vote for it, but it hasn't happened often enough to bother me yet.

Rob Wilkens

• the_scottster
    the_scottster Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp The prompt that says "Is this bill for $47 from Joe's Garage a recurring bill?"

Thanks for asking!

Long time Mint user jumping into Simplifi-world!

• Travis H
    Travis H Member ✭✭
    Options

+1 ... I find this feature annoying and useless. It takes up prime real estate and forces me to engage to reclaim that space at the top of my dashboard.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp ,

I suspect the original post is referring to this on desktop…

For some reason - at least in my case - there appears to be a bug that consistently returns a false positive with this particular system prompt(s). If I X out all the prompts (there are about 9 total), the message box goes away on the Dashboard for a little while, but them returns in a few days. I've taken the time to completely X them out at least 5 times. At that point, I essentially gave up since I don't really have the time to track it down further. Maybe sometime I'll have an aha moment.

In the meantime, the original post seems to say that they don't want this system prompt to trigger at all; whether or not it's valid.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.