Add a List of Planned Spending Expense Series and allow more edit options (edited)

Options
khad
khad Member ✭✭✭
edited November 2023 in Feature Requests

Part of the Spending Plan is "Planned Spending". As far as I can tell, it's for tracking monthly expenses that are comprised of multiple charges in a category. For example, I have two series: "Dining & Drinks" and "Groceries". It's separate from bills and subscriptions that both track individual charges.

At the moment, if I want to see a complete list of all my recurring bills and subscriptions, I can do that by going to Settings > All Recurring.

I'd like to see a complete list of my "Planned Spending" series there (or anywhere), but currently such a list is nowhere to be found. I have to find a month in the Spending Plan that includes the series. This makes it hard to find all my series, which may change over time. (Thanks, inflation.)

Additionally, the editing functionality only allows editing of… current and future months(?) but not retroactive. And if you (accidentally or otherwise) delete the expense from a single month, there's no way to reinstate it without creating a new and wholly separate one-time expense.

After making some changes to my "Planned Spending" series, things were getting very out of sync. I ended up having to delete all the series (after clicking endlessly from month to month), so I could start from scratch.

More robust editing here would have allowed a comprehensive view of which series I had, which date range(s) they applied to, and when they skipped a month with an easy option to reinstate the expense for that month.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated