Spending Plan is frozen/not updating (edited)

Options

Comments

• cnh936
    cnh936 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I just opened an account. I am having the same issue's here.

I am trying to "ADD INCOME" under the Spending Plan. I am unable to link it to the appropriate transaction because it is linked to a different "INCOME". Neither show up under the "INCOME" section as a future income.

The support bot sent me a link for this thread and said:

"It seems that there is an issue with Quicken Simplifi where income transactions are not showing up under the Income section in the Spending Plan, even though they are properly categorized as income and appear in the transactions list. This issue has been reported by other users as well. As a customer support representative, I would recommend reaching out to Quicken Simplifi's support team to report this issue and seek further assistance. They may be able to provide a solution or update you on the status of a fix for this problem." Quicken Simplifi's support team may be able to provide a solution or update you on the status of a fix for this problem."

Dec 3, 2023, 3:37 EST

• David C
    David C Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Im new to Simplifi. I have set up income and recurring expense but when I tried to set up the spending plan it has not populated with the existing data. Any ideas? bear in mind it might be user error on my part.

• aariana
    aariana Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

My income totals for the past month are wrong: they’re frozen when I hide items from the plan. Some hidden incomes (interest for account) show up when other hidden items are hidden. And also my new goals for December don’t show up in the spending plan at all, despite being configured to do so. Currently spending plan is pretty dysfunctional.

From a technical perspective it seems to me like “writes” to the backend go to one place, but “reads” happen from a downstream replica that’s not in sync with the latest reality.

• sstillman
    Options

Hi. I just switched from Mint to Simplifi today. I am not able to create a spending plan at all. Is this still outage? Does this happen a lot?

• fedupforone
    fedupforone Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Similar issues for me. You should bookmark the "Known Product Issue" to find out when it is fixed.

• David C
    Options

Thanks. I should have looked at more of the community discussion first.

• DawnZ
    Options

I have adjusted the amounts to pay in the Transfers and Credit Card Payment section of my spending plan, but the total that is being calculated will not change. I have cleared my browsing data, refreshed, logged out and logged back in and it still will not change. Is there a way to change the total manually? Why won't it change?

• Marion
    Options

This program is a mess. I miss Mint already.

• sm246
    Options

Progress but still issues. I see transactions from 11/30 and later in my spending plan again. However, I changed the category and checked to hide a new transaction from my spending plan and it still shows in the original category spending total. It's very obvious because the transaction puts me over budget with a red bar. Maybe the team is still working to resolve the recent issues. An update from Quicken would be nice even if it's to say they are still working on fixing these issues. Hopefully things get back to normal soon. I was beginning to like Simplifi better than Mint a couple weeks after switching!

• ViperDriver35
    ViperDriver35 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Something interesting I've noticed is that while the spending plan is not updating with recategorized transactions, the spending report is. If I recategorize a transaction, it shows in the wrong category in the spending plan but immediately is reflected in the correct category in the spending reports section. Can we get an update from Simplifi on this issue? It's really a core function of any budgeting system to properly show budget categories. This should be a major priority for Simplifi to correct.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, the Overview page in Bills and Payments also shows the correct information, so it seems the Spending Plan is working pretty much as it should be under the covers, but the UI is suffering some significant issues right now. It's unfortunate this happened just at this time, when so many new users are getting their first experience with the app.

Like all software, Simplifi has had issues in the past, but rarely like this, and they've been pretty good about addressing things this serious very quickly.

The coaches generally take the weekends off, so I wouldn't expect an update before Monday morning. I have every confidence the dev team is hard at work on it though.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@DawnZ The Spending Plan is currently experiencing some issues. There's a thread following this subject here.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• kilo23
    Options

I am seeing an issue whereby when I update the category or mark a transaction to be excluded from spending plan, it remains showing there even after updated. Or if I edit the amount, it remains the old amount in the spending plan category. This is happening intermittently, but frequently enough to cause frustration using the spending plan, which is my primary use of the app.

My mortgage payment showed up in “Other spending” in my spending plan. I updated the category to Mortgage, marked it as a bill linked to my bill series. Yet it remains in my “other spending” and puts the budget out of whack by $1300. 

Similarly I had a transaction come in as “entertainment” category. This is not an actual expense I want to track so I marked it to be excluded from reports and spending plan, but it still shows up in my spending plan and is taking up budget space. It shows as to be excluded but it is not. This has happened repeatedly in other similar scenarios where after updating a transaction the buckets or categories related to the update are not recalculated and do not reflect the change. On some occasions changing the amount of the transaction by a cent will cause it to be recalculated, but in many cases (the above two for example) even that does not help. I have some screenshots if that is helpful. 

Thanks,

Eric

• deaniely
    Options

I updated a spending plan category to a higher amount, and it isn't showing the planned spending total correctly anymore.

I logged in/out, refreshed, tried another browser. Why doesn't it update?

• kilo23
    Options

I see this is a known issue. I will watch the main thread on this for updates.

• blanktom
    blanktom Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

every. single. month.

Every month there's some glitchy issue with the spending plan. This month I have a monthly subscription showing up twice in November but nothing in December. In November's spending plan one shows Paid and the other shows "upcoming". When I click on the upcoming subscription in November's saving plan it shows December 6th as the date. Why is the December 6th subscription showing up in November's saving plan and not December??

• jordan2819
    jordan2819 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I'm new to Simplifi, and am trying to figure out what may be bugs/issues and what may be as-designed. I normally go back for a final review of my previous month's budget during the first couple days of the new month. I'm going through November's Spending Plan right now and adjusting categories on some transactions.

While the category changes are being saved, the transactions are staying in their original categories on the Spending Plan instead of moving to the updated one. For example, I have a transaction that was categorized as Shopping that I updated to Groceries. The transaction still shows up in the Shopping section but it's category says Groceries. I would expect it to be moved to the Groceries section and adjust my overs/unders, totals etc. Is this a bug or by design?

• Sonny
    Options

I am also having problems with the spending plan. As a new user, I am considering canceling my subscription and trying Tiller.

• Sonny
    Options

I am also having spending plan issues. I am considering canceling my subscription.

• blanktom
    blanktom Member
    Options

I hear you - as someone who's been using it close to a year, I'm probably going to cancel as well.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @JLQ,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Hello @JLQ,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• kath
    Options

Spend plan is still not working for me. None of my categorized planned spend is being accounted for and neither is my income after bills and subscriptions. When I attempt to add things manually I end up with duplicate recurring bills/subscriptions/payments etc… So make sure you check you're "All Recurring". It really messed with all of my linked payments.

• Matt Y
    Matt Y Member ✭✭
    Options

New users (from Mint or wherever) should read this post!

Matt

At least it’s better than a spreadsheet.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, we are working very hard at getting a fix deployed for these issues, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Once an update becomes available, we'll post it on the Alert:

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• Michelle314
    Michelle314 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Spending plan is not updating for me as of Dec 5 7:30pm ET. I updated a transaction an hour ago, and it is still not showing correctly in the spending plan. I'm using the web version.

It just updated (7:49pm). Is this type of lag typical?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Michelle314, if you're still experiencing an issue with the Spending Plan outside of the known issue that's now been resolved, please be sure to create a separate post to outline the issue so we can take a closer look at it.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• griffithmark
    Options

I am still having this issue. When I update a category, it doesn't change it in my spending plan. I made the change 20 hours ago, and it's still not reflected. Thanks.

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Hello @griffithmark,

The thread you posted on is talking about an issue that has been marked resolved. If you're still experiencing issues, please create a new thread outlining exactly what issues you're encountering.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.