Spending Plan is frozen/not updating (edited)

Options
Matt Y
Matt Y Member ✭✭
edited February 2 in Report a Bug

It doesn’t work for me even though Coach Kathryn announced that it’s fixed.

Matt

At least it’s better than a spreadsheet.

Tagged:

Comments

• Matt Y
    Matt Y Member ✭✭
    Options

Now I see it starting to change.

Matt

At least it’s better than a spreadsheet.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Matt Y

I haven't experienced any issues with the Spending Plan and I just checked on the mobile app with no problems. Hope it's working again for you soonest.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • ViperDriver35
    Options

I noticed today, having updated some auto categorized transactions, that they are still showing in the originally categorized spending plan.

For instance, a transaction auto categorized as "Home" is updated to "Gas," but is still showing and contributing to the "Home" category spending plan.

Is this a common issue? Aggregating is my only use for this service so this could be a rea; deal breaker

• Zack M.
    Zack M. Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Came here to say the same thing. There was a post here that makes it seem it was a known issue today, but they said it was resolved. I've refreshed and everything and I'm still having the issue. Tried changing the transaction month and exclude it from Spending Plan, still stuck there. Any Quicken admins know if this is the same known issue and it will be resolved?

Edit: Actually this is worse than I thought. Basically nothing is going into my Planned Spending right now, they are just either stuck where they are in their planned categories, or they are stuck in "Other spending" even though I've categorized them as ones that should be in Planned. What is going on?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do notice, at times, that there are delays in updating things throughout the app, including in the spending plan. I haven't noticed it recently, but I remember it taking over a minute to do some updates.

I also know someone recently said that the spending plan 'froze' and eventually (same day) updated. See :

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, we had an outage yesterday that should now be resolved. Are Spending Plans working as expected today?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• JLQ
    JLQ Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

In the spending plan page, I'm manually adding a new bill: XYZ for December 21st but as soon as I create it it disappear and its amount is not taken into account in the spending plan.

The bill is created though as I can see it in the transaction screen (top banner: bill an payment) and in the Bill& payment screen and calendar as well.

This makes the spending plan completely unreliable.

• JLQ
    JLQ Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Let's say I have a category planned spending of $200 and a remaining available of $800

When I update it to $400, I can see the "available" value being recomputed (graphic animation and new value displayed: $600), however, 3 to 5 seconds later, the "available" value reverts to its previous value, $800.

This makes it unreliable since I now have a planned spending of $400 and a remaining available of $800.

• cgarcia36
    Options

Hi Natalie - I am still having issues with Spending Plans. It initially categorized my Bills (rent and utilities) as categories in my spending plan which I deleted, but did not affect the total spending plan amount so it's off by thousands.

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie, I am still having issues today where my transactions are not showing up in the spending plan.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I tried this morning to create several "test" bills and it said I was successful at it every time. However, they aren't appearing in the bills section of the Spending Plan, and the Available number does not reflect the new bills (the number is unchanged after adding the bills).

I thought at first the SP wasn't saving the bills even though it said it did, but I see the bills do appear correctly in the Overview tab of Bills and Payments.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@cgarcia36 If you want an expense hidden from the spending plan, on that transaction, you need to select 'hide from spending plan'; otherwise, it will just move to another section.

Rob Wilkens

• Caletara
    Options

I'm having this issue too. No transactions are being recorded in my Planned Spending categories.

• JackR
    JackR Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

How do I fix this. It's happening on the web version (Chrome) and on the desktop version (Mac).

• JeffInRVA
    Options

They're having problems with spending plan right now, I found this last night:

• Curious George
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello,

I've been having issues with bills not syncing appropriately with the spending plan after I've added bills in the upcoming section and specifically designated them as bills; shouldn't they automatically sync with the spending plan? Additionally, under the spending plan section it will not save bills once I add them individually? Finally, is there any update on when Citi accounts will sync properly without having to turn off MFA?

Thank you in advance.

• MarcilTheShell
    Options

I'm having this issue as well. All recurring expenses are showing up fine in "settings" but the spending plan is not updating.

• Tonyccol
    Options

having the same issues with spending plans not updating

• cheapblackdad
    Options

Still not updating as of close to 1ET. Latest updates seem to be from Friday 12/1.

• Danny Z
    Options

My spending plan is not updating today either, tried clearing cache, refreshing, signing out and back in, but no luck.

• Mexilence
    Options

Sounds like it might be related to the following post

I spent a couple of hours this morning fighting spending plan issues, then found the known issues thread.

• sm246
    Options

Also having this issue. No transactions dated 11/30 show in my spending plan.

• ViperDriver35
    Options

This is still an issue for me. Becoming concerning that Simplifi can’t resolve it. May have to start looking at other options and a potential refund.

• btsmith52
    btsmith52 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm also still having problems. At best, transactions are delayed by hours.

• Cvest
    Options

Having multiple issues with Spending Plans. No transactions posting, new recurring transactions not showing, goals not showing, planned spending just spinning and not updating.

• astein4
    astein4 Member
    Options

Adding my voice to the chorus. Same issue here. Spending Plan bars will not update. Have tried multiple browsers, signing out and in, refreshing, all to no avail.

• JEmily
    JEmily Member
    Options

It's my first month with Simplifi, so I thought I was doing something wrong. Looks like I have this issue today as well (December 2, 2023). Spending plan isn't updating with new or edited transactions.

• Hairpin
    Options

Lots of problems which make it hard for a new user to learn the correct way to use the product.

1. I have an expenditure marked as an education expense, but it keeps going to the shopping category even though I have an education budget.
    2. Some of my income is showing up in spending plan. Some is not. It's from the same employer to different banks.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So far as I can tell, it's working for me, up to and including today's and yesterday's charges/bills.

I wonder if its a difference of whether early access is on or something like that.

Rob Wilkens

• btsmith52
    btsmith52 Member ✭✭
    Options

Right now, there seems to be an extented period of time (>2 hours) between when transactions get added to an account and when they show up on the spending plan. Clearly this is affecting that usability of the product. Hopefully this will get corrected soon.

This discussion has been closed.