Rules for Naming/Categories Should have an "Amount" Option

Options
WillTrott
WillTrott Member
edited December 2023 in Managing Your Transactions

There should be an extra option/setting that allows us to make rename/categorization rules on transactions that are a specific amount.

For instance, if I take out $90 from the ATM for a haircut and that is the only time I ever take $90 out from an ATM, I should be able to make a rule to rename all ATM Withdrawals of $90 to "Haircut" or something along those lines. The current rename rule only allows for EVERY single ATM Withdrawal to be named "Haircut," which would be inaccurate.

Another example would be recurring charges for Microsoft through apps like PayPal where I can rename or categorize all of the transactions of a certain amount while keeping the other transactions' names and categories whatever they initially were. So, if I pay $18.18 for Xbox Live, the transaction will be named "Microsoft - PayPal", then I would like that to be in the "Xbox Live" category, but if I buy an Xbox game for $60.00, it will be named "Microsoft - PayPal" but I would like it to stay in the "Shopping" category just like any other Xbox purchases other than Xbox Live for $18.18.

I know of other budgeting apps that allow for this, so I do not see why it should not be included in Simplifi.

I have loved everything about Simplifi thus far, but this would make Simplifi even more superior than other similar apps/programs.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.