Simplfi Crashing - Chrome extension, iPad Air

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Report a Bug

For the past week or so Simplifi has been crashing/restarting constantly when I'm running it in the Chrome extension on an iPad Air (4) running iPad OS 17.1.1.

The current version of Simplifi at the bottom of the page is 3.92.0

There is no apparent trigger action.

I don't experience this problem when on my laptop.

Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm curious what you mean by "Chrome Extension"? Are you running the web app in chrome and using an extension? Or Is there a Chrome extension for something else? Or do you just mean you're running it in Chrome on an iPad Air?

I have an iPad as well, but it is not in the room with me. I can try it out later to see if it also happens to me, but I probably cannot fix it.

Rob Wilkens

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk

I have no idea what one does to get the “extension” installed. The option to “instal” it popped up when I first opened Simplifi in Chrome both on my laptop and then on my iPad. Then a dedicated Simplifi web version of Chrome is installed on your laptop or tablet. when you open it you are working with the web version of Simplifi. If I open my actual browser on my iPad and go to the web version of Simplifi there is no problem. Nor is there any problem in the “extension on my laptop.

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@DannyB, let's try uninstalling/reinstalling the extension. Disclaimer: This is my first time doing this, and I'm doing it from my computer and not a tablet, so we may need to do a little digging to get the steps right for you.

First, to uninstall the extension app, I located the "Chrome Apps" folder in Finder and then dragged and dropped Quicken Simplifi to the trash can. To reinstall it, I followed these steps:

1. Launch the Quicken Simplifi Web App from a Chrome browser window.
    2. Click the menu icon in the upper right.
    3. Hover over 'More Tools' and then select "Create Shortcut".
    4. Check the 'Open as window' box and then click "Create".

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, @Coach Natalie

As you might think, Chrome running on iPad is a bit different than on a laptop. Anyway, I found the way to reinstall the app on my iPad.

Instead of the menu icon you have to click on the "Share" (a box with an up arrow) and then scroll down to 'Add to Home Screen" and that's it. A Q-Simplifi icon appears on the home screen and when selected Q-Simplifi launches in it's own window just like before.

I have it open now and checking for stability. So far, so good. I'll let you know if the problem arises again.

Danny
  • DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Looks like that did the trick! 😁

Danny
This discussion has been closed.