We are unable to connect to Wells Fargo Bank at this time. Care Code: FDP-4000

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭

The other day I changed my password at Wells Fargo and now Simplifi won't connect. I've done the credential process several times but this is the result I keep getting.

Is this a Simplifi issue or a Wells Fargo issue? Or maybe just an idiot user issue?

FWIW, Wells Fargo tells me that Quicken is a connected app and has all the necessary permissions

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I tried to reset the connection to WF, and it also failed, with a different code this time

Authorization access required

Request failed with status code 400
    Care Code: QCS-0400-6

Anthony Bopp

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to hack a bit of a workaround to this by re-adding my Wells Fargo account from scratch.

This meant I had to close all of the previous WF accounts, and update the Spending Plan to the new accounts.

It seems OK after a few minutes of fiddling with things, but I'm concerned that there will be ramifications I can't see yet that I will have to deal with for a long time.

Anthony Bopp

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

first ramification encountered.

All my Savings Goals became attached to accounts that are closed and have a zero balance. Only solution is to delete and recreate them all.

This isn't a huge deal to me because Savings Goals have never actually worked anyway in several other areas (and consequently i rely on an external spreadsheet to track them) , but I thought people should know.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ajbopp, since marking an account as closed is a permanent action, I hope you don't run across many issues or ramifications from taking the route you did. In the future, we would love to help you troubleshoot the error instead of having you jump through all these hoops. Although we don't have Coach support in the Community over the weekends, our Chat Support is open 7 days a week. 🙂

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, a bit of a ramification I just noticed.

My reports for the year (possibly more) have been completely trashed because my transaction history has multiple duplicate transactions, and all the categories and tags have been lost. It would take me days to fix it and I'm not sure I'm up for that level of tedium.

Users beware! Don't be like me. Ask for help!

Anthony Bopp

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ouch!

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.