Simplifi won't show me the bottom of every page

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited January 11 in Report a Bug

Browser: Chrome
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 7+

The Simplifi web app does not scroll all the way to the bottom of any page in the system on my device. For instance, here's a screen shot of the Savings Goals page as far down as I can go.

The bottom of each card is not displayed. This causes problems throughout the web app.

• On the Overview page of Bills and Paymments, I can't see the last scheduled bill in the list
  • On the Spending Plan, when a section(s) is expanded, I can't see the last item in the list.
  • On the Dashboard, I can't see the bottom where (I'm given to understand) I might find version info and the like.

Almost every page is impacted by this bug.

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajbopp,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! To clarify, this happens only when using the web app on the Galaxy Tab 7+? Do you have any accessibility options for that device turned on that may be magnifying the screen or enlarging text? Do you have an alternate internet browser on the device? If so, does the issue happen in that alternate browser also, or only in Chrome?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I have no special browser settings. I only use Chrome to access the st so I don't know whether it happens in other browsers. I also don't use other OS.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

@ajbopp, have you tried reducing the zoom? If doing so fixes the issue, you're most likely being impacted by the known issue with using the web app on a smaller screen. Our product team is aware of this and they hope to have that fixed when we provide better tablet/mobile browser support.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Since I use Chrome within DeX on an external monitor, I have to option to change the zoom level. It's always at 100%

Anthony Bopp

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp Depending on your keyboard, to zoom you may have key shortcuts like Ctrl + and Ctrl - or Alt + and Alt -, or on my macbook air its Cmd + and Cmd -. I would think these would work with chrome in DeX, but i might not expect this to fix the problem.

Rob Wilkens

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RobWilk Thanks! That's a good tip to know.

In this configuration, using that method I can zoom in, but I can't zoom out to less than 100%, which is where I'm seeing the problem.

Anthony Bopp

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ajbopp, thanks for the additional insight!

That's too bad you can't reduce the zoom when using DeX on an external monitor, as I do believe this would resolve the issue. I'd still say that it's a formatting issue related to the problems we see with smaller screens and tablet browsers, etc. Our Product Team is aware of these issues and intends to work on better support for these types of scenarios (as I mentioned above). I'm not sure when these items will be addressed, but hopefully you see some improvement down the road. 🤞

-Coach Natalie

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have discovered that if I disable DeX, then zoom in, I can scroll to the true bottom of the page, and then zoom out to 100% again and still be able to see the bottom of the page. This method doesn't work in DeX mode, however.

Also, the web app doesn't remember this, so every time I go to a new page I would have to zoom in, scroll to the bottom, then zoom out again.

Anthony Bopp

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, I tried Simplifi in the Duckduckgo browser and I see the bottom of the page just fine, so this behavior seems to be limited to Android Chrome. Not sure what that means, other than I need to stop using the world's worst web browser in any case.

Anthony Bopp

• ps56k
    ps56k Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have to zoom to 67% to be able to see any of the non-scrolling popup windows

This discussion has been closed.