Transaction with modified future date cannot be found again

Options
y11
y11 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 11 in Troubleshooting

Accidentally modified transaction date from past date to future date. It seemed it is no longer accessible.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @y11,

When a transaction has a future date, you won't see it in your register. You should still be able to find and edit it in the Upcoming section or in the Projected Cash Flow though.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

• BudgetNerd
    BudgetNerd Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is an unhelpful feature. Transitioning from mint. I typically try to match the expense to when it is incurred for large items. E.g. I'm taking a vacation next year in April and I'm starting to make refundable reservations. I usually (in mint) push these transactions forward into the month when I'm going to go on the vacation. Helps for aligning budget to annual plan. Scrolling through the upcoming transactions is cumbersome. Can't we just have them stay in the transaction register?

Pushing all refundable items into a future date is also a process for closing a month. I know there is the ability to track refunds in this system, but it's best to match the refund and the expense in the same month, so they net to zero. Creates WAY less noise across months.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would rather see search and filter options in the Reminders list as exist in the Transaction list. I would hate the idea of cluttering up the register with items that haven't happened yet. The register should reflect an orderly sequence of events, not try to fool with dates to make certain events close to each other.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• thaJack
    thaJack Member ✭✭
    Options

I would like to have a toggle at the top of the transaction list: "Show future transactions"

Basically, any future transactions that aren't currently downloaded as pending. It would be nice to turn it on and off, though, since the list could get long and you don't necessarily need to work with it all the time.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, we have an existing request here that you all can check out and add your feedback to:

-Coach Natalie

• y11
    y11 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie thank you - can we merge this thread into it?

This discussion has been closed.