Add a Notification for new transactions that are posted and need to be reviewed (edited)

Options
Christaaay
Christaaay Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Feature Requests

Please add daily notifications when new transactions are posted that have not yet been reviewed. It should be triggered any day a transaction has posted and not require a user to login to Simplifi to refresh accounts.

Adding a section for these on the dashboard would be helpful also. It would be great if clicking on it opened the full transactions list of those needing review.

Also it would be super helpful, especially for those migrating from other tools, to have the ability to mark multiple transactions as reviewed at one time. Or maybe automatically making all as reviewed when importing historical transactions.

12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Would anyone else use this?

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

+1 For notifications. It may get annoying, without some limitations, such as a time limit for how long it has gone unreviewed. If unregulated I could see it being more of a nuisance. I picture user configurable notification options based on each users needs and tolerance.

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I upvoted this even though it's not a feature I would use personally. I don't personally care for the notifications idea but I assume it would show up in the Notifications Settings so that I could turn it off. I like the idea of a dashboard widgit a lot more.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• theromm
    theromm Member ✭✭
    Options

I have +1'ed this one and badly need it because my spouse saw something similar in Monarch Money and loved it. Until now they were only a passive participant in the household finances because Mint did not have a concept of a co-owner of the account (or I did not enable it). Now that they have seen notifications for new transactions to review, they are more involved in the finances and I love it.

Is there a status for these feedback requests that we can track on some type of a board? Is there hope of seeing this one implemented in the near future?

Any other alternatives to solve for this need?

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@theromm I would not hold my breath expecting Simplifi to implement anything in a timely manner. Many issues have taken many years, and still haven't even been communicated when asked directly…some not long at all.

If you are asking whether or not they have a roadmap page similar to sites like [removed]

I have yet to find anything remotely as organized here at Simplifi…but I would sure like to see a more open approach to the plans than having to scour through discussion boards to find information.

-Phil-

Former Quicken Desktop user 1984 -2023. Currently Testing Simplifi as its replacement.

• theromm
    theromm Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

exactly! I saw the [removed] roadmap view and was very happy to see the openness. Hope there is one for QS too.

• Philk
    Philk Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@theromm

Openness is not allowed at Simplifi… They sensor our comments by removing the links to Monarch and Rocket Money.

Apparently, they fear the competition, or the criticism.

It's really too bad…as currently I still like more about Simplifi than what I don't. I just wish they would be open with the plans, like the others they don't want you to know about.

-Phil-

• theromm
    theromm Member ✭✭
    Options

I also like Simplifi more than MM (not trying any other product). But if MM resolves a couple of nagging issues, it is quite alright, but tbh, their support has been slammed and is very hard to get updates from them on anything. :-(

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

This is a tremendously open community, but it is a community dedicated to a specific product, not a general public forum. This is not an appropriate venue to commend - or criticize - other products.

Obviously there is no fear of criticism. I am aware of no case where criticism has been removed, including in this thread.

Anthony Bopp

• theromm
    theromm Member ✭✭
    Options

@ajbopp Was that comment to @Philk or me? I am stating as a matter of fact that I like QS for a lot of reasons but there are other products which are similar and have their own quirks.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

It was directed at no one. Just a general observation.

Anthony Bopp

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Someone gave me a duct tape and bailing wire style work around. You can set an amount on the 'large transactions' notification so I set it to $1. I would get notified for an transactions except I'm not getting push notifications. I have a ticket open with support but so far I don't think they think it's an issue to fix. I don't even get notifications when they respond to my support tickets lol

Anyone else getting push notifications on Mobile?

And ya the censorship is annoying. We've all picked Simplifi over Monarch so they shouldn't be so scared that they have competitors that do some things better. They should catch up the product in the areas it's lacking.

• theromm
    theromm Member ✭✭
    Options

That’s a good idea. I will set that up.
    I see mobile notifications on iOS fyi.

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I used the work around and found the notifications weren't working. Support is telling me that for push notifications to work you have to open the app first. That can't be right, can it??

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

A support manager just confirmed that Simplifi pulls bank data up to every 4 hours but nothing refreshes to our accounts until we login. This means that push notifications aren't functional and the timing and mechanism for account updates would have to change also.

Makes me wonder why bank refreshes happen so often if our accounts aren't being updated? Selling paying users data perhaps.

• theromm
    theromm Member ✭✭
    Options

That is a weird setup they have. Why not refresh the accounts in the background too?

• Christaaay
    Christaaay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Exactly. It makes zero sense and takes quite a bit of effort for a customer or their support reps to untangle how it all works