Payee is now "Electronic Transaction" for debit card transactions (edited)

Options
prestonjr23
prestonjr23 Member

My payee information has recently changed to display as "Electronic Transaction" instead of providing the specific store or vendor name. Previously, I could easily identify transactions, such as those from Home Depot or Trader Joe's. Now, I find myself needing to open my bank website to cross-reference each transaction in order to accurately categorize them in Simplifi.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@prestonjr23

That is odd. Is this happening for all your connected accounts?

I'm not seeing that behavior in any of my accounts.

Perhaps check Settings>Payees & rules to see if a rule was created to rename all transactions as "Electronic Transaction."

Another thing to do is to open the "Transaction detail" and at the very top under the title you will see "Appears on your [name of account] statement as [bank information about the transaction] on [Date of transaction]." This will tell you your financial institution name for the transaction. Simplifi pulls from this info unless there is a renaming rule in place, but may abbreviate or truncate the identifying info.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • prestonjr23
    Options

@DannyB Thanks for the tips but unfortunately, two different transactions, one before and after working, both say Electronic Transfer up at the top. No rule was created either.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@prestonjr23, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

We've been seeing this pop up with some banks (credit unions, mostly), and we'll most likely need to get this escalated. To be sure, though, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the bank the issue is occurring with.
    2. The type of account the issue is occurring with.
    3. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card was used)?
    4. Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)?

Please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• prestonjr23
    Options

@Coach Natalie Thanks for the response. See replies below

1. The name of the bank the issue is occurring with.
      1. Knoxville Employees TVA Credit Union
    2. The type of account the issue is occurring with.
      1. Checking Account
    3. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card was used)?
      1. Looks like only debit card transactions are appearing this way
    4. Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)?
      1. Only unique to this account at Knoxville TVA Credit Union

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@prestonjr23, thank you! Yes, this definitely sounds like another instance of what we've been seeing, and I'll need to escalate it. To do so, please provide the following additional information:

1. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail view for 2 additional example transactions the issue is occurring with that shows the Date, Payee, Amount, and "Appears on your statement as…" info.
    2. A screenshot of the same example transactions from the bank's website for a comparison.
    3. A screenshot of your Quicken Simplifi account register for this account that gives a general overview of how your transactions look for the account.

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• prestonjr23
    Options

@Coach Natalie

See attached. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help resolve this issue. Keep up the great work, love the product!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@prestonjr23, thanks!

I have gotten this escalated and will let you know when I hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8346

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@prestonjr23, this issue should now be resolved for newly downloaded transactions. Can you take a look in Quicken Simplifi and let us know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• prestonjr23
    prestonjr23 Member
    Options

Yes! It looks like it is working properly now. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.