Spending Plan - Some Deposits incorrectly showing as "Received"

Options
ajbopp
ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2 in Bills and Income

I noticed this morning that a check I had electronically deposited to my checking about (also this morning) is already displayed as "Received" in the Spending Plan page.

But if I clicked on the Details for the transaction, it shows it as "Pending."

My question is whether this is expected behavior or not. (My bank only just recently started allowing Simplifi to download Pending Transactions, so I have no real history to draw on.)

If a deposit is still in Pending status, should I expect the Spending Plan to mark it as "Received"? Or should that only happen after the deposit has cleared?

Anthony Bopp
Simplifi User Since July 2022
Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ajbopp, great question!

The pending status won't impact whether a transaction is considered as "Received" or "Paid" in the Spending Plan. For income specifically, since Quicken Simplifi is designed to track any additional income received throughout the month in the Income section of the Spending Plan (as opposed to just tracking Recurring items like Bills does) as soon as that transaction downloads, it will show as "Received". Otherwise, this will occur when a transaction is linked to a Recurring Reminder, regardless of the pending status.

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.