Can a manual transaction match up to an imported transaction?

Options
theromm
theromm Member ✭✭

I am in the process of migrating from Mint. I set up all my accounts and have all the most recent transactions in all my accounts.

I like the way transfers from one account match up to the transfers in the destination account. However, because each institution downloads different historical data, I have some transfers which don't yet have the corresponding matching transfer.

When I choose the destination account, I get a message that it will create a manual transaction in that account.

If I create that manual transaction, will it match up when I import the Mint csv for that destination account later? I would like to avoid a duplicate transaction and I for sure would not want to keep revisiting all transfers and create a complex dependency between these accounts.

tl;dr for my question - does an imported transaction match up to a manual transaction especially in case of transfers between accounts?

Best Answer

Answers

• theromm
    theromm Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. Looks like merging duplicates is easy.

Is there a way to easily identify duplicates though?

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

@theromm If you are new to Simplifi as I am, identifying duplicates gets easier as you become more familiar.

• theromm
    theromm Member ✭✭
    Options

Glad to hear (and yes, I am new to Simplifi). I understand identifying dupes on an on-going basis is fairly easy, but I am trying to import a few years of historical data, so it needs mass updates and that's why I am trying to find something easy to use as a filter or a view to knock off these duplicates which will be created when I mark a transfer against a transaction which has not been imported yet.

• RickS
    RickS Member ✭✭
    Options

@theromm Oh, yes, that sounds overwhelming. I decided to keep my years of Mint data in Excel rather than dealing with it in Simplifi.

• theromm
    theromm Member ✭✭
    Options

I have imported (for a few accounts only for now) data from …..2013!!!

I don't plan to clean up all that data but I'd like a couple years look back so that I can compare if I am doing better or worse than before.

This discussion has been closed.