Wells Fargo Connection Issue 12/08/2023

Options
dagnabit2000
dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭

I got a message that there is a new login. The new login does not work. Tried making the account manual and then adding the account again per the instructions on the support page. I am unable to connect at all now. Simplifi opens a new window that goes to the Wells Fargo login page and I try to log in and nothing happens. Is this part of the known issue, or do I have an additional issue?

Tagged:

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dagnabit2000

Sorry to hear this. I went through the reconnect process yesterday (12/7) and was able to log in and reconnect all my accounts so the new connection method adopted by WF does work with Q-Simplifi. Hope this gets worked out for you toady!

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

@dagnabit2000, can you give the OAuth API flow a try from a different browser or in incognito/private mode and let us know how it goes, please?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie , Thanks for the quick response. The process works when I run Simplfi in an incognito window until…. at the very end it says my account is already connected. The problem is that I moved my account to Manual so I do not think it is connected.

It shows up in the Manual Account list and on the account page it also shows up as manual.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@dagnabit2000, thanks for giving that a try!

Can you navigate to Settings > Accounts and look for "Wells Fargo" as an institution, please? Also, you're using the "Wells Fargo Bank" option when making this connection in Quicken Simplifi, correct? Have you given this a try from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App, by chance?

-Coach Natalie

• dagnabit2000
    dagnabit2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

• @Coach Natalie I tried again this morning and it worked. I did have to open Simplifi in an Incognito window to make it work though.

This discussion has been closed.