Prompt Payer Badge… I WAS doing so well!

Options
DannyB
DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2023 in Achievements

In May of 2022 Q-Simplifi introduced the Prompt Payer badge as a new Achievement to work towards. Something in my account was glitchy and it wasn’t until April of 2023 that I was finally awarded my first badge for March - One month, followed by Two months awarded in May and then the Four months in a row awarded in July! Then came the long haul to the Everything Paid Twelve months in a Row badge.

I was up to eight months and was looking forward to my ninth month which is announced on the 8th the current month for the month just past. So this morning I scrolled down to the Achievements section to check it out and get a little “atta boy” moment and this is what I saw!

November should have been 9 months and now I’m back to zero! Looking back at my November Spending Plan all my recurring expenses are marked as paid. Needless to say, I am crushed, devastated, heartbroken!

OK, yes, that’s a bit over the top for something this minor… but still… I was making such good progress toward the fourth and final Prompt Payer badge, “Everything Paid 12 Months in a Row”!

Danny
Simplifi user since 01/22
Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@DannyB, oh no!!

Are you absolutely certain that everything was marked as received and paid in the Spending Plan as of yesterday? I think to report this, we'll need to prove the issue, which means we'll most likely need to wait until next month, unfortunately. We'll need to have you grab screenshots by the 7th of the month showing that everything is marked as received and paid in the Spending Plan. Sadly, just like before, I'm not sure that they'll be able to make the fix retroactive either. 😞

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie

I hope you have guessed over the past couple of years that my sense of humor can be a bit strange at times. I also hope you know that this post is very much tongue-in-cheek.

What's ironic is that I was planning to make a "Just for fun" post about this badge and was actually waiting for today to write this post as an update for the sake of a little lighthearted fun in the midst of all the recent conversations. So, having been reset to zero made it an ironic post rather than a "Hey, look at me, I'm doing a great job" post.

Anyway, I'll check in next month on the 7th with screenshots of my income, bills and subscriptions. I don't think the badge includes contributions to savings goals, but those too if needed. As for November, all bills and subscriptions were paid and cleared pryor to yesterday's deadline. All recurring income had been received, and SGs received full contributions. I did make a change with regards to the distribution from our retirement accounts as you are aware. Other than that, I don't see any reason on my side for November not counting toward the 12-month badge.

OK, you have lots to do so set this one way back on the back burner and keep up the good work!

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@DannyB, well, I'm bummed about it! I'm also bummed that we didn't get to see your "Just for fun" post. Hopefully this starts working for you again next month, but please do let us know how it goes. 🤞🤞

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks like I'm back on track receiving the Prompt Payer 1 month badge giving me a +2 for this badge. Next up 2 month badge. We'll see how it goes on Feb 8.

Danny
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I experienced the same problem with the prompt payer badge today. I paid everything on time in December, first month I used Simplifi's recurring bills capabilities. I have no badge for prompt payer.

Bills paid

Note: Geico's series has each 17th of the month as the date, the bill got paid on December 18. Is that causing the prompt payer badge to not generate?

Subscriptions paid

This is not a high priority item. I am reporting it before I forget. Thanks for all the good work @Coach Natalie

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@DannyB, I'm glad yours is working again! I'm sorry you lost your streak, though.

@UrsulaA, thanks for letting us know! Let's keep an eye on this and see what happens next month. First, everything does need to be marked as "paid" in the Spending Plan by the 7th, so we'd need to see proof that that happened. Second, since the fix was not able to be applied retroactively for Danny the last time this happened, he was forced to start all over on his streak, so we'd want to wait and see if your streak starts again on its own next month like his has seemed to.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

OK, sounds good. I know that everything was marked as paid by the 7th. I closed the month on January 2nd. I also know to check by the 8th of the month for the badge.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1
    Options

Here is proof that I paid everything for January - hope I get my prompt payer badge in the next few days.

Bills

Subscriptions

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lookin’ good! Prompt Payer is awarded on the 8th.

Danny
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

No prompt payer badge today. 😥

Maybe tomorrow?

Minter 2014-2023

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The last time I got a PP upgrade (to level 3) was last April. My current streak is 0 months, but I've always paid everything on time.

I wonder if it's counting something it shouldn't be, like not paying off the CC entirely - just making a partial payment.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I paid everything in full, including credit cards, and on time since December, when I started using Simplifi. I have not gotten a single prompt payer badge. 😥🙄

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA 😥

It took quite some time for my first awarding of this badge after it was introduced… hang in there and our illustrious @Coach Natalie will help you out with this.

Danny
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks - as much as I want the badge, I understand Simplifi has other high priority issues. I can wait.

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh, and BTW, I was awarded the two months in a row Prompt Payer badge today… for the second time! Now onward to the four-month badge!

Danny
  • Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, drats! I received my badge today, so you should have gotten yours as well.

With that, please go ahead and reach out to our Support Team directly so they can request an escalation for you. You can let them know that you initiated this in the Community and have gathered the required proof that everything for January was marked as "Paid" by the 7th of February.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I will give this issue one more month. I deleted a few of my paid bills for January yesterday as I decided to track them in planned spending. That may have caused the issue.

I will see how March 8 goes and save the proof that everything was paid for February before March 7.

Minter 2014-2023

• jim_t
    jim_t Member
    Options

I love the Achievements that you can get in Simplifi. Here is mine so far:

I’ve been using Simplifi for a few months and it’s a great budgeting app and being able to see a snapshot of my bills is useful when paying down credit cards.

I also want to shout out the Coaches. They are incredible. I worked with Samuel who helped me through all of the issues I was running into and he was friendly, responsive, and incredibly helpful. I’m working at a corporate office in Seattle in the Customer Service department and so I can appreciate when you are given great service.

• jim_t
    jim_t Member
    Options

I also want to shout out Coach Samuel. He helped me with all of the issues I was running into and he was friendly, patient, and incredibly insightful. I work in a customer service role for a corporate office and so I can appreciate great customer service. Thank you to everyone who is working so hard on Simplifi!

I check Simplifi every day and some of the features that I use are checking my spending and adjusting my budgets. It’s also nice to be able to get a snapshot of all my bills in one place and see my credit card payments.

• jim_t
    jim_t Member
    Options

Here are my badges over the last 2 months

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here is proof that I paid all my bills and subscriptions. Nothing upcoming for today. Crossing fingers for my first prompt payer badge. I will not mess with recurring items until after March 8.

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options

March 8th has come and gone. So I thought I check in on my Prompt payer badge progress and this is what I found…

… looks like I'm back to square one once again. That's OK, it just means I will receive another "Everything paid 1 month" badge and probably another "Everything paid 2 months" badge somewhere along the line.

Right now, I have received two each of the 1- and 2-month badges and one of the 4-month badges, so there is that.

But it sure would be nice to get that ever elusive 12-month badge someday!

What really matters is that none of my vendors have sent me any "you haven't paid your bill… pay it now or we cut you off" notices. 😁

OK, onward through March!

Danny
  • Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9
    Options

The saga continues…so sorry for you @DannyB . 😥

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Makesme curious if I'll get my one year badge next month...

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here’s to hoping you do, @ajbopp

Danny
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am in the same boat at @DannyB - no prompt payer badge for me. I had a bill that was paid after the reminder date last month but was paid before Feb 29. @Coach Natalie - does the app require bills to be paid on or before the reminder date to award the prompt payer badge? I could not get a clear answer from the support docs.

Minter 2014-2023

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just for the record, it's still working for me… I just reached 'level 4 - 12 months in a row'

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, as far as I know, all Recurring Bills and Subscriptions just have to be marked as "paid" by the 7th of the following month to earn the badge for that prior month. It looks like you've provided proof that everything was marked as "paid" before that time for both January and February, and I now have more bandwidth to get this escalated for you instead of sending you to Support, so I'd be happy to do so. I can't promise that they'll be able to fix the issue quickly (I think it took several months the first time we escalated for Danny), and they most likely won't be able to make the fix retroactive, but we can certainly get the issue in front of the team.

To do so, we need the following data:

1. A fresh screenshot of the Prompt Payer Achievement showing that no badges have been earned.
    2. The browser and browser version you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.
    3. The OS of the computer you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.
    4. Confirm if the issue is also occurring on the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App.

We will also need you to submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

@DannyB, let us know if you want to be added to the ticket as well. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

• 1. Screenshot

2. Browser: Microsoft Edge Version 122.0.2365.80 (Official build) (64-bit)

3. Windows 10 Pro

4. Mobile app does not have prompt payer badges either.

Feedback is sent!

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    edited March 19
    Options

@UrsulaA, thanks!

I went ahead and got a ticket filed for this issue and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-20157 / QCS-17909

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.