Can Quicken please implement Fidelity access?

Options
jclyons
jclyons Member

In order to use Quicken Simplifi integration with Fidelity, I have to share my Fidelity login and password with Quicken . Unfortunately, the integration does not continue to stay working, I believe because i have MFA enabled on my Fidelity account and Quicken cannot continue to authenticate past a certain time period.

Fidelity has created something called Fidelity Access which should enable third parties to securely integrate with Fidelity without sharing private security credentials. Please read about it and implement this here https://www.fidelity.com/security/fidelity-access-data-security

Tagged:

Comments

• jclyons
    Options

Also, disabling MFA is not an option. I am stuck manually entering transactions for now.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@jclyons, thanks for posting!

To clarify, we are currently migrating to the EWC+ connection method for Fidelity, which uses the bank's OAuth API to connect. Have you been prompted in Quicken Simplifi to migrate your accounts?

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6997452-new-and-improved-way-to-connect-to-your-financial-institution-oauth-api

-Coach Natalie

• jclyons
    Options

I see. That sounds like it could work. I have not been prompted - should I have been?

• jclyons
    Options

I had already changed all my Fidelity accounts to manual and disconnected the integration. When I go back to try to reconnect to Fidelity, I am still being presented with a screen to input my private login / password

In an Oauth2 situation, this would instead be a redirect to Fidelity to enter my credentials directly into Fidelity, followed by a request for permissions to perform actions on my behalf through the Fidelity API. Then an access token with the appropriate credentials would be passed back to Simplifi. Perhaps the OAuth2 flow for Fidelity would need to be enabled on my account, then?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jclyons, I'm not sure why the API hasn't rolled out for Fidelity yet; we have an article that says Fidelity is discontinuing screen scrape access on 12/13/23: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8649018-important-update-fidelity-investments-connection-update

I'd say for now to keep an eye out for the lightning bolt that indicates your Fidelity accounts are ready to migrate to the new connection method, and then go ahead and do so at that time. I'm also seeing 105 errors with Fidelity when viewing your connection attempts from our end, which is most likely due to a known issue with Fidelity blocking connection traffic at peak times. For the known issue, we suggest adding/updating your Fidelity accounts outside of peak hours.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• njchiang
    njchiang Member
    Options

Hi, now that screen scrape access is discontinued is there an ETA for the new connection method? I still see the old prompt as well.

• Coach Natalie
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hey everyone, I'd suggest trying the option listed as "Fidelity-Investments & Retirement" in Quicken Simplifi —

If you end up needing to link your accounts when using this new option, you may do so by following the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts#h_1e4aff1120

Let us know if this works!

-Coach Natalie

• njchiang
    njchiang Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie this worked for me. thank you!

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

This morning Fidelity wasn't working ( I guess they did discontinue the old one) so I disconnected and tried the new Investments and Retirement. It is now working well with all 3 of my accounts (including the Credit Card). I did this with trepidation b/c Quicken Classic rolled this out a day or so ago, and it was buggy and our transactions disappeared. I was able to go back to the old Direct connection and was glad that my transactions were back (it was telling us it didn't support transaction downloads and hid them). A lot of people are angry in the Quicken Classic community.

What really irritated me was contacting Fidelity support, and they made it clear they didn't care. There's only one Quicken but there are brokerage houses on every block and moving your accounts from one to another is just filling out some forms.

PS. I did have one hiccup in Simplifi when I first connected the Fidelity accounts; Simplifi showed both the brokerage and the IRA as 0.00 in the sidebar. Everything was correct otherwise. I did a Connection reset, and that fixed it. It might have fixed itself had I waited for another update, I don't know. Always unsettling to see your accounts at 0.00 even though you know it's just a glitch.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

• jclyons
    Options

also enabled investments and retirement, and appears to be working. thanks! here's to hoping the connection stays up 🤞

• MHO
    MHO Unconfirmed, Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello

Per suggestions switched over to new Fido synch link: Fidelity - Investments and Retirement - and got the following error message: Request failed with status code 500
    Care Code: QCS-0500

Please advise.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@MHO, a QCS-0500 error is a security block. You'll need to wait 24 hours before trying again.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Anonymous_Stranger
    Anonymous_Stranger Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I am able to sync again successfully using "Fidelity-Investments & Retirement". Thanks to Quicken/Simplifi for being the only company to support this.

One issue I do notice however is that my bank balance and pending balance are both the same and both have not been updated, even though I got new transactions synced in this morning from yesterday. Yesterday's transactions came in successfully, but the balance does not reflect them.

UPDATE: I disconnected and reconnected the Fidelity accounts and now the balance is correct. I'll let this simmer for a week and see how it goes. @Coach Natalie you are a superstar. Thanks!

• jclyons
    jclyons Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Yesterday I also had a pending transaction that didn't show up in the balance for a while, but did eventually. I'm guessing it has something to do with how often Quicken refreshes/ updates the balances, especially if its a batch process (but just a guess, as I am not aware of the details of the implementation.)

• frnklnzu
    Options

Have had an issue connecting to Fidelity with Mac OS via Chrome…..switched to MacOS via Safari and connection worked as designed

This discussion has been closed.