On my Discover bank account, my current balance is an "Interest Transaction"

Options
System
System Administrator admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Missing transactions with Discover Bank (edited)

Comments

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

On my Discover bank account, it recently (Nov 30th) showed up my current balance as an "Interest Transaction" so it basically now looks like I doubled my money which is wrong. Works just fine on Mint, Monarch, and basically every other trial account that I have.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Matt Anfang, thanks for reaching out!

To clarify, are you stating that the balance of your Discover Bank account is incorrect in Quicken Simplifi? If so, please take a look at the info outlined here to troubleshoot balance discrepancies: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie No the current balance was correct. Simplifi generated a new transaction labeled "Interest Earned" and the amount was the current balance at the time when monthly interest was added. It is almost as if when the balance increased it took that new higher balance and also called it another "Interest Earned" transaction if that makes sense.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Matt Anfang, thanks for posting back!

It looks like this is an emerging issue with Discover Bank that we will need to escalate. To get started, please provide the following information:

1. The name of the account the issue is occurring with, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The current balance for the account, as displayed in Quicken Simplifi.
    3. The current balance for the account, as displayed on the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the transactions displayed for the account in Quicken Simplifi.
    5. A screenshot of the transactions displayed for the account on the bank's website.

If you prefer to share any of this information privately, you may send it via a DM. Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have shared the 5 items above already. case number is 10656080

• Matt Anfang
    Matt Anfang Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I've sent this information to customer service already: case number is 10656080.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Matt Anfang, gotcha!

Since you've already reported this issue to Chat Support, they'll be the ones working with you on it. The original agent you interacted with will be back in touch as soon as there's an update.

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.