Track and Research my transactions

Options
UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited January 11 in Share your Success!

I am pleased with Simplifi as it has helped me see where my funds go and how I spend.

Account transfers show both sides
I am happy to see my brokerage account deposits as transfers on the spending plan. I can even set them as recurring for the system to use them in bank balance projections. I am using early access to view investment transactions. As of now, those are not downloadable to CSV yet but at least they are synched in the system.

I also like being able to see both sides of the transfer to troubleshoot issues with the banks in case the funds go out of the checking out but do not post on the receiving account.

Neat feature, being able to click on the original statement link to search

Spending Watchlists

Love that these can be set up by category, payee, or tag and that they give you a quick summary of spending.

Transaction List shows account name, tags, and notes together

Also like the groupings by date or amount depending on the selected column sort.

Recurring income, bills, subscriptions, and transfers

This is the first time I have been able to gather all of these in one view. Mint did not track recurring transfers well or tag recurring income. I am better organized with this and can even find subscriptions I no longer need. I also like how these flow to the spending plan saving me some data entry for known income or expenses.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@UrsulaA, thanks so much for sharing!

-Coach Natalie

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@UrsulaA , Welcome to Q-Simplifi.

I had much the same experience when I first discovered and started using Q-Simplifi.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks - Also showing both sides of transfers tagged as such is helpful. I just found that Mint did not download a month's worth of statements for one of my less active credit cards (only 3 transactions). I just added the transactions manually to my credit card and matched the payment to my checking account.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

This discussion has been closed.