Allstate requires additional information

Options
boxtor
boxtor Member
edited March 27 in Bills and Income

When I try to add AllState.com as a biller, I can enter my user name and password. However, it asks for more information and where to send the identification code. However, the UI does not display the options for sending the code. It has a text box for entering the code.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@boxtor, thanks for posting!

To better understand the issue, please provide some additional details:

• Do you have MFA setup with AllState directly?
    • Are you prompted for MFA when signing into AllState's website?
    • Have you tried changing the MFA method with AllState directly before connecting in Quicken Simplifi?
    • Do you receive an MFA code when connecting in Quicken Simplifi? If so, how do you receive it?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• boxtor
    boxtor Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    1. No. I can't find an option to set it
    2. No
    3. I can't find an option. I have finger print authentication enabled on my phone.
    4. No

I log in fine on the web site with only my username and password.

I noticed that the URL in the popup is https://myaccount.allstate.com/anon/account/login

I use https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login normally. The URL above redirects to this URL.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @boxtor,

Thank you for providing that information. Are you using Simplifi or Quicken for Windows? If you are using Simplifi, could you please DM the email you have associated with your account so we can assist you further? If you are using Quicken for Windows, I'd recommend posting your issue to the Quicken Community for further assistance, since the moderators there will be able to walk you through troubleshooting steps to review & repair the biller and file-specific troubleshooting if needed.

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• Coach Kristina
    edited January 10
    Options

Hello @boxtor,

Thank you for DM'ing me the email associated with your Simplifi account. When I check on the server side, I'm seeing an error that indicates the website wants to do multi-factor authentication, even though the UI is not giving you any way to specify how to send the code.

I reported the issue to the proper channels to have it looked into further. You may receive an email from them if they need further information or when the issue is resolved.

Thank you!

CTP-8502

-Coach Kristina

• Wfaizan
    Wfaizan Member
    Options

was this ever resolved?

• Coach Kristina
    Options

Hello @Wfaizan,

It hasn't been resolved yet. The ticket is still open.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• mcwillzz
    Options

Hello, I'm having the same issue. It appears that the Simplifi login is forcing 2FA, even though I do not have it enabled. The pop-up from Allstate, is requesting to pick a method to receive the 2FA code. Since you cannot pick a method, a code is not being sent. See screenshot for example - Simplifi is asking for a code or authentication method BEFORE it's actually sent by Allstate.

• Coach Natalie
    edited January 10
    Options

@mcwillzz, thanks for reaching out regarding this issue! I went ahead and got you added to the existing ticket for this issue, and will be sure to let you know when we hear back.

@Wfaizan, it looks like you were able to get connected to Allstate as a Biller — is that correct?

-Coach Natalie

• dowdyprime
    Options

I am having the same issue with Quicken for Mac (2023 subscription).

• dowdyprime
    Options

For the record:

• Do you have MFA setup with AllState directly? - No. And there seems no way to turn it on.
    • Are you prompted for MFA when signing into AllState's website? - No. Neer.
    • Have you tried changing the MFA method with AllState directly before connecting in Quicken Simplifi? - I tried turning on MFA, but there is no options for it. AllState's setup is extremely minimal in its options.
    • Do you receive an MFA code when connecting in Quicken Simplifi? If so, how do you receive it? No, I do not receive a code.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@dowdyprime, since you're using Quicken Classic instead of Quicken Simplifi, please post to their Community: https://community.quicken.com/

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@boxtor, we've heard back on your Allstate Biller escalation and it looks like you were able to connect — is that right?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@boxtor, have you been able to take a look at this?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@mcwillzz, our engineering team would like for you to attempt to add Allstate as a Biller in Quicken Simplifi again. If the issue with MFA persists, they'd like you to disable MFA with Allstate directly and then try again. If you're able to get connected, please go back to Allstate and re-enable MFA and we'll see if it stays connected or what happens.

Thank you!!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@boxtor & @mcwillzz, have either of you been able to take a look at this, by chance?

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• mcwillzz
    Options

Hey Natalie,

I tried adding it again, and it does not work. MFA is not a setting on Allstate's website. I cannot enable/disable it as far as I can tell. I normally do not get sent MFA codes unless they detect a suspicious login. I'm guessing that they geo-block based on customers regions.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@mcwillzz, thanks for giving it another try!

I let them know that this is still occurring for you, and I'll be sure to let you know if they need any further info from you or when the next update is received.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    edited February 27
    Options

@mcwillzz, thank you for your continued patience as we work on this!

Sadly, it turns out that our service provider for Bill Connect (BillGo) is not being very helpful with this issue. I was told that we've tried escalating it with them to no avail. Our engineering team recommends tracking this bill manually for now using the Recurring Transaction feature.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3625912-managing-recurring-transactions

I will keep you updated if anything changes, but that's where things are at this time. Sorry for not having better news for you!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.