Bug Report - manual account balance not changing

Options
UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited January 25 in Report a Bug

I entered a $5 cleared dollar expense on my manual cash account today in the Android mobile app. The balance went down an hour ago but now the balance reverted to the prior total in the web app. The mobile app still shows the correct balance after the expense, $151.

Balance was $156 before entering the expense. It is supposed to go down by $5 to $151 on both the web and mobile app. The web app still shows a $156 balance. I am an early access user.

I logged out of the web app, cleaned cookies in Microsoft Edge, and logged into the web app again. Same result. I also logged in to Simplifi using incognito mode. Balance remained at $156.

Also, when I download the CSV, the cash account adds up correctly to $151. The web app UI still shows $156. Help!

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, the balance for the manual cash account updated overnight on the web app. Strange. I am set though.

Minter 2014-2023

• Pchamb1998
    Pchamb1998 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Manual account balances are not updating whenever you add withdrawals. Normally the balance changes to reflect a negative or positive contribution. This is no longer the case.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I had a similar issue and it resolved overnight. It was odd as the balance changed in the Android app with the withdrawal but not the web app.

[removed link to merged thread]

Minter 2014-2023

• Pchamb1998
    Pchamb1998 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am also an early-access user. It seems that this is a known issue and the team is working on it!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, the team is working on it. I am an early access user too.

Minter 2014-2023

• zbsh
    Options

Glad to hear the team is working on it! I am not an early access user, and I'm also running into this today.

• L TEE
    Options

It's been like this for about 3 days. Help

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Looks like the problem persists. I see it on the web and the mobile app.

My cash account starting balance for today was $151 and it did not change after I entered a $100 withdrawal. Instead, the balance went up on the days prior and the transaction did not reduce my balance for the day.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Another user experiencing this

Minter 2014-2023

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I am seeing this also. I had a recurring transaction for paying my Apple Card (manual account) from checking. Apple Account shows the payment transaction, but overall balance did not decrease.

Quicken since 1995. Simplifi since 2023.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie @Coach Blake any updates on this?

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I checked again this morning, same issue.

Manual account: Cash

Starting balance: $151

Entered $100 withdrawal for Kids: Allowance

Result: Balance for prior periods went up by $100 in projected cash flow chart

Ending balance did not change

Configuration of my cash account

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is strange - when I enter the withdrawal as of yesterday, Dec 18, the balance changes. Using today's date for the transaction provides the result I reported earlier.

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is a bug, I linked your post to the discussion below. Still waiting for a resolution.

In the meantime, if you date the withdrawals/deposits as yesterday or prior dates, the balance may change. I entered a withdrawal with yesterday's date in my manual account and the balance went down.

Minter 2014-2023

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My Apple Card (manual account) balance is back to being correct this morning. I entered another test payment transaction, and the balance updated correctly (although there was a bit of a delay so fo a moment I thought it was still broken). Then deleted the test transaction and the balance returned to where it should be.

It is not good that the first thing I have to do when logging into Simplifi is scan my account balances for anything that looks suspect, then log into the actual bank account to confirm whether or not the balance is correct. Then, of course, come check the forum posts to see what is going on and if others are seeing it as well. All of this instead of just logging in, entering and checking a few transactions, then getting on with my day.

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

BUT still not working for me in a separate Simplifi account that I use to track my mother's accounts.

I have two manual accounts that I use to track unpaid interest on CDs. I entered the positive transactions this morning to account for more interest accruing, but the account balances did not update.

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@tobyN ...just curious...how did you set up a separate account in Simplifi for your mother? Thanks Clark

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Well, unfortunately, Simpifi does not allow for setting up multiple "spaces" for a single user ID, so I had to create a separate paid account for my mother. When I was using Quicken Classic, I had separate QDF data files and could open whichever one I needed into Quicken. Not so with Simplifi, at least at this time. 😒

They do at least have the concept of "shared spaces" that allows me to access either space without having to log in and out with a different user ID. While logged in with my mother's ID, I went to Settings / Spaces and sharing. From there it allowed me to share her space with me. From then on, I can switch back and forth between spaces as needed using the Profile menu. My instructions are all using the web page version. It may be a bit different from mobile app.

Anyway, once setup and shared, it is very easy to toggle between her finances and mine. One tip: I set her space to use dark mode and mine to use light mode so I can easly tell which space I am in.

Interestingly, on the Spaces and Sharing page, they have a button to "Add Space", but it does not do anything at the moment. I'm hoping they will be adding a ability to have multiple spaces within a single login. But I doubt it because that means one less subscription!

So it will cost you (or the other person) another subscription fee, but in my case it was worth it.

• Clark
    Clark Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@tobyN .. thanks for the information. I was helping that I could do that in my account, and not another subscription.

• tobyN
    tobyN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, same here! If I have one user ID but manage multiple sets of financial accounts, I should be able to do it with a single subscription. I can see where you can't be allowed to be a bookkeeper with an unlimited number of spaces, but at least one or two extras would be nice.

• Blackbird
    Blackbird Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue with my manual account for savings not updating the balance it’s new transactions.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I opened a case with support and below is the response:

I'm so sorry to know that you are getting that problem with your manual accounts Ursula, you are correct at this moment we are getting a general problem with those kind of accounts not getting an update even if you remove the transactions, create new transaction or change the amount of one of your trasnactions, please don't worry we are aware about that situation and we are working on it to get the solution as soon as possible.

At this moment we don't have an open alert about it but we hope to get an open alert where you are going to be able to bookmark and get the notification as soon as the issue is resolved, also we hope to get the solution soon.

Minter 2014-2023

• CBBalancer
    Options

I am experiencing the same transaction update issue on my manual entry account.

• Blackbird
    Blackbird Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I believe I found the reason for the problem. If any transaction in any manual accounts has today’s date, the balance will not reflect that transaction until tomorrow. If you change the transaction to yesterday or any date before today, then the balance will be properly updated. Also, net worth balances must be fixed to reflect the current date, instead the day before.

• budgetj75
    budgetj75 Member ✭✭
    Options

The way I fixed it by making sure I created an asset with no starting value ($0). After that I created an initial transaction.

For assets I created with a starting value during setup (which auto-created an initial transaction), it would behave strangely (e.g. not updated, back-calculating initial value etc.)

• QuantumWest
    Options

I tried this and it didn't fix the problem. Based on other comments in the thread, this is a known issue the team is working on.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, we now have an Alert for this issue that can be followed for updates:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Paul O.
    Paul O. Member
    edited January 1
    Options

I'm having this same issue. Thanks for the info on bookmarking as I am new to Simplifi

This discussion has been closed.