Chase Accounts

Options
Veebee
Veebee Member

Why is that Simplifi cannot get the actual amount from Chase accounts. One has to go to the account to get the details. Not happy.:(

Tagged:

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For me, it does get the actual amount, but it subtracts pending transactions that have not been downloaded/matched.

So if you bank balance is $1000

And you manually enter $100 and that hasn't been found at the bank

It will show the balance as $900.

However, if you manually enter transactions, on weekends or early mornings/late-evenings, the balance could be wrong. This is because the chase connection will download updated balances but not new transactions outside of certain bank hours. If you don't enter manual transactions you'll never notice this.

Also, at most i update every 4-5 hours.

Rob Wilkens

• Veebee
    Options

Thanks Rob. In my case Simplifi downloaded one of the accounts and partially of the other which I find very odd. This pertains to my investment accounts.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Veebee,

To be able to assist with this issue, we would need more information. Which URL (web address) do you use when logging into the financial institution website directly? What information is missing when it downloads?

Is this happening exclusively with investment accounts through Chase? If not, then what other financial institutions and account types are encountering this issue?

If this is happening exclusively with investment accounts through Chase, have you tested to see if a different connection gets you better results? For instance, I see there is a Chase Investments option.

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• Veebee
    Options

Thanks coach. I am re-directed to Chase.com for configuring the security permissions where I select what accounts are permitted to show up in Simplifi. Its been the same settings that I used for Mint.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Veebee, I'd suggest taking a look at our support article here for troubleshooting balance discrepancies: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies

If the issue persists after doing so, please provide more details such as what was requested by Coach Kristina above — we need to know if the issue is exclusive to investment accounts, whether this is a new issue, what option you're connecting to for Chase in Quicken Simplifi, whether you've tried any other options for Chase, etc.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.