Can't connect to Fidelity accounts

Options
DEA3
DEA3 Member
edited January 25 in Feedback

Have not been able to connect to Fidelity any time of day for several days. Fidelity says on their website that they have changed the security protocols for aggregators connecting. Has Simplifi made those changes on their end??

Comments

• SimpliJSHL
    SimpliJSHL Member ✭✭✭
    Options

As of last week, my Fidelity accounts could no longer update. I've tried to refresh, disconnect and reconnect, but have had no luck. Has anyone run into this? I keep getting the error below:

We are unable to connect to Fidelity at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-105

If anyone has run into a similar issue and figured out how to resolve, please let me know! Would love to have my brokerage and retirement accounts linked up again. Have really liked the budgeting functionality here, but pretty disappointed that I've regularly run into issues like this.

• payne51558
    Options

Same here. Please give me your pro tips how to get connected again?

Thanks!

• SimpliJSHL
    SimpliJSHL Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I found that if I used the net benefits fidelity option (nb.fidelity.com) to link it (I.e., can’t just select the fidelity.com option that pops up), I could get it pulling info, but it now shows $0 on all the related account balances on the dashboard. Can only see actual balances if I click into the accounts.

• SimpliJSHL
    SimpliJSHL Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@payne51558

I take that back. Closing my browser and restarting it seems to have refreshed so that my balances are now showing on summary. Trick was using the option below to link rather than just the fidelity.com one. It pops up with a separate Fidelity window to log in / approve the connection. Seems to be working for now.

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have been experiencing the FDP-105 since Simplifi first launched the product. Now I am getting a QCS-0409 when trying to refresh my Fidelity accounts. I have tried to reset the connection however the account is now showing "Account disconnected". When trying to Reconnect I receive a pop up stating "Add Account; Quicken Simplifi uses Intuit to connect: We need your consent to access your data" then a blue Continue button which then takes me to a Fidelity login screen. I add my credentials and click a blue Connect button which then presents the following error:

We are unable to update Fidelity Investments Mac at this time due to your another conflicting login.
    Care Code: QCS-0409

Please Advise as to how to correct this issue. I am very concerned that my investment history will be lost or interrupted which has happened with Simplifi in the past and has caused problems with reporting and graphs for Net Worth and Account Performance.

• Joelv316
    Options

I've been encountering the FDP-105 issue with my Fidelity HSA account for the past 48 hours.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, Fidelity discontinued screen scrape just a couple of days ago, so you will all need to migrate to the OAuth API connection:  https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8649018-important-update-fidelity-investments-connection-update

To reconnect your accounts, please use the option listed as "Fidelity-Investments & Retirement" in Quicken Simplifi:

If you end up needing to link your accounts with this new connection method, please carefully do so by following the steps here:  https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts#h_1e4aff1120

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• elliev
    elliev Member
    Options

I don't see the option for fidelity shown above, only fidelity.com. I am logged into Simplifi on the Chrome browser on a mac.

• elliev
    elliev Member
    Options

Ok, update to last comment. On my Dell, I can find the url for fidelity investment and retirement. NOT on MAC! And not on iOS.

• SGranada
    SGranada Member
    Options

I've managed to get the updated connection with Fidelity working. Previously, my Fidelity Bloom account only showed my personal transactions. However, I've started seeing two new types of transactions in the app: 'Purchase Into Core Account Fidelity Government Money Market (SPAXX) Morning Trade (cash)' and 'Redemption From Core Account Fidelity Government Money Market (SPAXX) (cash)'.

When I check the Fidelity website, these new transactions don't show up there; it only displays my regular transactions. I understand that these might be standard operations for a money market account, but I'm wondering if there's a way to hide these transactions in the app. They're affecting my balance and making it look incorrect. Is there a feature or setting that can help with this?

• JohnDSaver
    Options

I have an HSA and 401K through Fidelity and while the 401K gets updated properly, my HSA is frequently needing a refresh in the connection. This doesn’t seem to do anything to fix the issue after I go through the guided steps and now the account doesn’t update at all. Is there something that I can do to fix the issue?

• brokenchord
    Options

@SGranada , I also started seeing the "Purchase Into Core Account…" and "Redemption From Core Account…" transactions. For now, I changed the category for these transactions to Transfer so they do not affect my balance (you can create a rule for them) .

However, I wish there was some way to hide them. They really clutter up my transaction list and make using Simplifi less desirable for tracking Fidelity accounts.

• swiederin
    swiederin Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I continue to have problems with Fidelity connections. I followed the recommended solution(s) but now I have this….

I cannot get them reconnected.

New Simplifi user. 25 year Quicken desktop user.

• swiederin
    swiederin Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

If I deleted my Fidelity accounts and added them again, how much history will i lose? I am trying everything to reestablish the connections but If I am unable to get my Fidelity account connected, Simplifi is useless to me.

It seems like Simplifi is putting bandaids on the problems. Feels like Quicken Classic….please don't pile patch after patch on the product without a real solid solution.

• amintzer
    amintzer Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm still not connecting to Fidelity. I've followed the instructions and get an error "Request failed with status code 500
    Care Code: QCS-0500". I get this after I login and select the accounts I want.

• J_Z70
    Options

I was having the same trouble as everyone else. Not being able to connect to the Fidelity-Investment & Retirement. I solved this by going to the “accounts” in “settings”, then hit the 3 dots to the right of each of my Fidelity accounts and select “Make Manual”. This keeps all prior history for the account. After that I hit the “+ account” in the upper right of the page. Go through the process of adding the account with the Fidelity-Investments & Retirement. When you get to the pop up screen where you can rename the accounts in Simplifi, there is a slide button in the lower left of the pop up to be able to link to existing accounts. You can now link the accounts that you made manual to the online accounts. Note that if you don’t make these accounts manual first they won’t appear in the drop-down.

Hope this helps. It worked for me. All my accounts are connected and I have all the prior history.

• swiederin
    Options

My Fidelity accounts now show a zero balance. 😖

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

all of mine as well, argh!

• fredct
    fredct Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m a new user and using “Fidelity-Investment & Retirement” worked for me to connect.

But it’s pretty crazy that picking the main “Fidelity” selection on the accounts screen doesn’t work, but I had to pick like 8-10th choice down on a secondary screen.

You should change this so this is now the main Fidelity choice.

• yb_
    yb_ Member
    Options

With the new oAuth connection method, for Fidelity Bloom accounts (simplified brokerage account functioning like a checking account), it looks like Simplifi is now pulling auto core position redemption and purchase activity as well. It was not like this before. So for each transaction I seem to get 3 entries and it's kinda confusing

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I contacted Fidelity Support this morning and they pointed me back to Quicken Simplifi Support to determine when the API Connection issue will be resolved.

This is the response from Fidelity Customer Support:

Unfortunately, we do not support Simplifi. Due to Simplifi being associated with Quicken, you would need to contact their customer support team. They will have a specific path that they take to resolve any connection issues they have. We are unable to access any details regarding the connection, since it is associated with their website directly.

I then asked the following:

I am not understanding what it means when you say Fidelity doesn't support Simplifi since it is associated with Quicken?

Fidelity responded with:

You are using Simplifi as an aggregator to link external accounts. You will need to contact the company that you are linking these accounts through, such as Quicken, for any troubleshooting steps. They will have the proper escalation path and teams available to assist you with the connection.

Can Quicken Simplifi please respond as to when this issue will be resolved?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Everyone should connect to the option listed as "Fidelity-Investments & Retirement" in Quicken Simplifi, as this option uses the OAuth API to connect.

Once on the new connection, if you need to link your accounts, please carefully do so by following the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts#h_1e4aff1120

If you are still experiencing an issue with Fidelity after doing so, please let us know. If the issue is a balance discrepancy or something along those lines, I'd suggest creating a separate post to outline the issue so it can be properly addressed on an individual basis:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Natalie - I did all of this with Samuel (Simplifi Coach) last Friday 12/15/23 and still had issues which I uploaded screenshots and sent in Logs. I have updated the Mobil app to the current 4.15.1 and signed out the back in but still all of my 12 Fidelity accounts are $0. Can you please advise me as to next steps to resolve this?

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Natalie - on the PC app, I also made all 12 of my Fidelity accounts Manual again then add them back in again and linked them to the existing accounts. No difference, all accounts still have a $0 balance in the Left side panel Accounts list. If I click on Investments in the menu the click Balances I do see each of the accounts with history but it appears they are not truly up to date since last Friday 12/15/23. When I click Settings then Accounts I do see a Fidelity accounts section with each of the 12 Accounts listed.

I then checked the mobile app again and same results as before, all accounts are listed with $0 balance on the Accounts list in the main menu. And if clicking on Investments then Balances, I see all 12 accounts with their balances correctly displayed as of 12/15/23. When I click on Settings then Accounts, none of the Fidelity Accounts are displaying as there isn't a Fidelity section listed.

All of this information is what I provided to Samuel on Friday 12/15/23 (screenshots, Simplifi Log file). He was able to escalate the issue however I have not heard any updates yet.

• bdinardo
    bdinardo Member
    Options

Hi, my Fidelity info is loading just fine, but I'm having the issue another person identified:

"With the new oAuth connection method, for Fidelity Bloom accounts (simplified brokerage account functioning like a checking account), it looks like Simplifi is now pulling auto core position redemption and purchase activity as well. It was not like this before. So for each transaction I seem to get 3 entries and it's kinda confusing"

Is there a setting or a preference or something to stop getting the redemption and purchase from core account activity to appear? It was never in the feed the previous way we connected to our Fidelity accounts. Thanks.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, for those of you who are experiencing an issue with your Fidelity accounts after migrating to the new "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" option in Quicken Simplifi, please create a separate post to outline that individual issue so it can be properly addressed.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• BenSaver
    Options

If Quicken cannot support Fidelity NetBenefits, then I am done with quicken.

• dereksupple
    Options

Hi - I also noticed that "Fidelity Inv & Retirement" option (https://nb.fidelity.com/…) only showed up in the picklist of available accounts to add when logged in on a windows device, not when using Chrome from a Macbook.

This discussion has been closed.