Interactive Brokers LLC International Stocks Issue (edited)

Options
james01
james01 Member
edited December 2023 in Investments

For my brokerage accounts, I have some international stocks.

-For stocks that don't have a corresponding ticker on the US exchanges, such as Rex Minerals LTD, traded as "RXM" on the Australian Stock Exchange, they come through my portfolio tab correctly pulling market value and price from my brokerage. They just don't 'link' to historical data.

-However, for stocks that do have a corresponding ticker, like the company New Hope, traded as "NHC" on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX), they come through as National Healthcare Corp, traded as "NHC" on the New York Stock Echange (NYSE). This overrides the price and therefore market value that my brokerage has and gives me wildly wrong data about my portfolio.

I see 2 possible fixes: let me 'unlink' the stock from quicken's market data so that it will revert to what the first stock does, or 2nd add international market data so that it links to the correct stock.

Anyone else have this issue and know of any fixes? Thanks!!

Comments

• james01
    james01 Member
    Options

Example of RXM:

Example of NHC (I don't own National Healthcare Corp, I own New Hope):

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@james01, thanks for posting!

Although I'm not sure how well Quicken Simplifi integrates with international stocks, the data and values you see in Quicken Simplifi should match what's on the bank's website. With that, please provide the following details so we can take a closer look at this:

1. The name of the account in question, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The balance for the account in the Accounts List in Quicken Simplifi (this is the list of all accounts and balances on the left side of the Dashboard on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, or the list of all of your accounts when you select "Accounts" from the Quicken Simplifi Mobile App).
    3. The balance for the account in the Investments Portfolio in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    4. The balance for the account as displayed on the bank's website.
    5. A screenshot of the holdings for the account in Quicken Simplifi (if you have multiple investment accounts, you'll want to filter the page to just this account).
    6. A screenshot of the holdings on the bank's website for a comparison.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• james01
    james01 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

• @Coach Natalie thanks for the reply! The share number is coming through correctly, and the balance for the account in the accounts list is correct, but the balance in the investments portfolio is not. Answers below:

• 1. 'IBKR Asymmetric'
    • 2. $403,705.24
    • 3. $1,715,042.04 - this is where the error lies, my account isn't this big, although I wouldn't complain if it was ;P
    • 4. $408,359 - pulled at a different time as number 2, but I believe this and 2 are 'synced' correctly)

5. in Quicken:

6. in Interactive Brokers:

• 5&6. Note there's quite a few holdings in the account, but these 3 show illustrate each example. Note that all positions have the 'share count' come through correctly.
    • -'MOS' comes through as expected and has a match on both, so good to go.
    • -'NHC' is the company, 'New Hope', as shown below on my brokerage account that I own:

It pulls through in quicken as a completely different company - the issue is that it doesn't recognize it's 'NHC' on a different exchange, so it pulled through as the US company and pulls that company's market data.

-In the last one, 'M05' doesn't match to any US ticker, so it pulled through correctly but doesn't match to any historical market data as shown by the blank '1 day' columns. Note that in my brokerage account it's shown in local currency, but quicken CORRECTLY pulls the converted US dollar value, which is GREAT. This is much better than companies that use 'Yodlee' connections because they pull everything in local currencies but think that they are in us dollars, which is way worse.

• james01
    james01 Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie thanks for the reply! Below answers to your questions:

1. IBKR Asymmetric
    2. $403,705.24
    3. $1,714,897.04 (issue lies here, the Accounts List has the account balance correct)
    4. $407,761 (pulled live so at different time than #2, so #2 is working correctly!)
    5. and 6.:

Simplify Screenshot:

Interactive Brokers Screenshot:

Note that the account has a ton of holdings, so I screenshot these 3 which include each scenario, but let me know if you need more examples. Also note in every case, the share count appears to come through correctly.

-'MOS' is an example when everything is pulled correctly, which happens when they US stocks traded on US stock exchanges.

-'M05' is an example when an international stock doesn't match a US stock symbol, and so it correctly pulls info right from my brokerage. Note that it doesn't include market data (since it isn't on US exchange), but it pulls through the price correctly in US dollars!

-'NHC' is an example when an international stock wrongly links to a US company. In my brokerage, NHC is New Hope Corp:

However, because the US stock exchange has a company with the same symbol, it's coming through as if it was the US company. Note the identical share count.

Please let me know if you need more info!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@james01, thanks!

To clarify, do the screenshots capture all of the problematic holdings? If not, we would need screenshots of ALL of the holdings in both Quicken Simplifi and on the bank's website for a full comparison.

-Coach Natalie

• james01
    james01 Member
    Options

it's a long list, can I have an email or another place to send?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@james01, you can either DM it to me here in the Community or I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange.

Alternatively, if you'd like to report and work on this issue in a private setting, you'd want to contact Chat Support directly: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@james01, thank you for providing the requested information!

I have gotten this escalated and will let you know when I hear back. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

CTP-8513

• eferrari
    Options

Any update on this? I'm having the same issue with a set of international stocks (NHC is one of them), although I'm seeing the problem with Quicken Classic Deluxe.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@eferrari, thanks for posting!

Since it sounds like you're using Quicken Classic and not Quicken Simplifi, you'll want to post to their Community instead.

https://community.quicken.com/

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.