After using for about a year - Simplifi is not a reliable investment tracking tool

Options
mcacciola
mcacciola Member
edited January 11 in Feedback

Wanted to share some thoughts.

• Simplifi is a solid budgeting tool and does a great job of tracking credit card and bank account transactions.
  • Simplifi is not good at tracking investments, endless FDP-103, FDP-105 and now FDP-390 errors.
  • Adding two-factor authentication to your bank\investment accounts will likely break things.
  • Simplifi is well priced but I'd happily pay more if the preceding two bullets could be addressed.

Bottom line, better to not have unreliable connectivity to investment institutions (even if it's the fault of the investment institution) and stick to what Simplifi does well.

Thanks.

Comments

• mcacciola
    mcacciola Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Will try the Classic Premier version perhaps.

https://www.quicken.com/products/classic-premier/

• EricH33947
    Options

I see those FDP errors as well. Seems to be hit and miss. When my iPhone app gets the FDP error, the web site often works. I'm a retired Service Mgt Architect who specialized in Reliability for my last few years. Hit and Miss is not my favorite thing.

• mcacciola
    Options

@EricH33947 agreed. The investment banks I used to connect to both have changed their policies regarding 3rd party access. I'm an IT Ops guy myself, "one is none and two is one" is my motto. Also, if it's not reliable better that it not be there. 🤷‍♂️

Again to be fair, Simplifi has been a solid budgeting tool.

This discussion has been closed.