Home Depot consumer credit card

Options
mthoman1
mthoman1 Member

I can't seem to connect to my home Depot consumer credit card. It's this card supported?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @mthoman1,

To assist with this issue, I checked on the server side to get a better idea of what was going on. It looks like you're getting a FDP-103, invalid credentials error. I can see you've tried connecting to Home Depot Com Revolving CC and to Home Depot Consumer Credit Card and (at least on the server side) got the same error with both. Is this a personal credit card, or a business credit card? Are you the primary cardholder, or an authorized user? What URL (web address) do you use when logging in directly through the financial institution website?

To troubleshoot this issue, please start by enabling the show password option (the eye icon at the right side of the textbox) when typing the password into Simplifi.

That can help with the issue if typographical errors or caps lock accidentally being on are causing the problem.

If you use a password manager, please try typing the password manually, just in case the password in the password manager is outdated or incorrect.

Once you've verified that you're putting a correct password into Simplifi and aren't being sabotaged by caps lock or by an incorrect stored password, please navigate to the financial institution website and verify that you are able to successfully login using the same credentials that you were putting into Simplifi. Doing that confirms that it is the correct password, and can also resolve the issue if the problem is the account being locked on the financial institution side.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• mthoman1
    mthoman1 Member
    edited January 4
    Options

I did manage to figure the issue out. Within my home Depot app, if the home Depot card and shopping accounts are linked, it uses SSO between the credit and shopping accounts. I believe that is being done with a token authentication and the classic auth (login and password) is disabled as a result. I unlinked them and it now works.

• Mike B
    Mike B Member
    Options

After unlinking did you add the credit card using the citiretailservices address?

This discussion has been closed.