How to automatically sum the selected transactions? [Feature removed?]

Options
marcush43
marcush43 Member
edited February 5 in Report a Bug

I believe that after the most recent desktop/website version of the app, you can no longer automatically view the sum of the selected transactions? This is an essential feature in my opinion, especially for when working with goals, for example. If I want to select several transactions so that I can deduct from a saving goal to use for spending. I believe this feature used to exist, but no longer does. I understand I can download a csv of my selected transactions, but I find that is a lot of extra work to download, then open, then sum the data, all for a number that used to exist in the previous version.

Or is there a workaround that I'm unaware of? Thanks so much.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I noticed the same thing. The balances are added when one filters transactions but not when one selects transactions. I saw the addition of the selected transactions balances this week prior to the newest update.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• marcush43
    Options

I chatted with simplifi support for a bit and it sounds like they know about this and it’s a bug that they’re working on fixing. So hopefully it’s back soon.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@marcush43 100% agree, I enjoy that auto addition feature when the transactions are selected. Helps me review my transactions quickly.

Minter 2014-2023

• lost_references
    Options

Hello,

Recently there were some helpful updates to the Reports section of Simplifi, but something went missing that I'd love to see put back: When I select multiple transactions (using the checkboxes), I am not shown a total value of all checked items. This used to be shown in the area where the new "Mark reviewed" button is. This was very useful to me, as I used it to calculate how much to pay toward my credit cards. Now I have to open my calculator app and add this myself, which wastes time and leaves potential for errors (I've got big thumbs 😂). Please add this feature back! Thanks for the great work

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Yes, we noticed this and have another thread

[removed link to merged thread]

Can the thread above and this one be merged and added under Report a Bug?

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I sent a message to support with this thread and was told I will get an email. The issue has been escalated and the coach will ask if the selected transactions not being added up is expected behavior.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, this issue has been escalated and we will let you all know when an update becomes available. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-19074

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5
    Options

I saw the update with 3.94.0 Web Release. This one looks resolved to me. Thanks!

Minter 2014-2023

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

So happy! I missed that feature.

This discussion has been closed.