Anyone else seeing PayPal transactions that never took place?

Options
Nu2Money
Nu2Money Member ✭✭

Is anyone else seeing on Simplifi transactions from PayPal that never actually took place? I had two appear on Dec 16th in Simplifi, and according to Simplifi they appear as "Deposit." but they do not exist in my PayPal account. Below is an example of a phantom transaction in Simplifi and a screenshot of all my PayPal transactions for Dec 16th.

Comments

• jbrian00
    Options

I see these as well but don’t think they are a problem. When you use PayPal to spend money that is not already in your PayPal balance, it needs to transfer money from your bank account into PayPal first, which ends up being a withdrawal from your bank and a deposit into your PayPal balance. PayPal doesn’t show these deposits on the front end for some reason, but they must be part of the transaction register that downloads in Simplifi (btw, these appear in Mint as well). This works out for the best in my opinion because Simplifi will properly mark the transfer using the appropriate withdrawal and deposit fromthe correct accounts.

• Nu2Money
    Nu2Money Member ✭✭
    Options

@jbrian00 - You're right! My checking account showed a withdrawal for the same amount 2.5 days later.

This discussion has been closed.