E*Trade Connection

Options
Scott1
Scott1 Member

I was able to connect to E*Trade, and see my accounts. I selected one, and entered my two factor successfully. However, as Simplifi is attempting the connection it cycles back to needing to reenter credentials. This happened multiple times.

Is this a known issue? Or just a problem on my end?

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Scott1,

To help troubleshoot this issue, I checked on the server side. The error it shows there is FDP-103, invalid credentials. Are you the primary account holder for the accounts, or an authorized user? Which URL (web address) do you use when logging into the financial institution website directly?

To troubleshoot this issue, please start by enabling the show password option (the eye icon at the right side of the textbox) when typing the password into Simplifi.

That can help with the issue if typographical errors or caps lock accidentally being on are causing the problem.

If you use a password manager, please try typing the password manually, just in case the password in the password manager is outdated or incorrect.

Once you've verified that you're putting a correct password into Simplifi and aren't being sabotaged by caps lock or by an incorrect stored password, please navigate to the financial institution website and verify that you are able to successfully login using the same credentials that you were putting into Simplifi. Doing that confirms that it is the correct password, and can also resolve the issue if the problem is the account being locked on the financial institution side.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• Scott1
    Scott1 Member
    Options

Hi Kristina - I'm certain about the password that was entered. After the connection failing a few times I set up MFA on ETrade to see if that helped, but it didn't. I'll work to set it up again this week or next. Thanks for looking at it. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Scott1
    Scott1 Member
    Options

Hi Kristina.

I entered credentials (tested on both etrade website and linking account).

I get list of the accounts following authentication, and I hit "ADD". they show up but with $0.00 balances under Investments appropriately, and then a red exclamation point shows up next to each. When I click on that icon I get the following dialog. Authenticating via the dialog doesn't correct the problem.

• Scott1
    Scott1 Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina ☝️

Sorry, forgot to tag you in the response

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Scott1, thanks for providing additional insight!

At this point, I'd suggest obtaining a fresh connection with the bank by following these steps:

1. Make all of your E*Trade accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.