Simplifi "thinks" I skipped a month's payment, but it was just held by payee

Options
Hooey
Hooey Member
edited January 17 in Bills and Income

My rent check is mailed from my bank on the 17th to arrive by the 25th. My landlord held the check for two weeks, so it cleared in December instead of November. Simplifi "thinks" the transaction that cleared December 11th is my December rent payment and shows that I made no payment in November.

I'm new to Simplifi and recently switched to Discover Bank. My old bank (Capitol One) deducted the payment from the balance on the date the check was mailed (apparently an usual practice.)

I don't know how to get back on track so the payment I make in a given month is associated with that month, regardless of what the landlord does with it, or isn't that possible? TIA!

Edit: BTW, this also throws off my spending plan, since the rent is deducted twice for the same month, at least the way I'm doing it.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ScribblyAnn
    ScribblyAnn Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

I believe you can manually change the date for a specific transaction. That could work for you here - try adjusting the December 11 date to a date in November :)

Answers

• Hooey
    Hooey Member
    Options

Thank you, that seemed to work fine. It still tells me the transaction appeared on the December statement, which is as it should be. I appreciate you talking the time to reply!

• ScribblyAnn
    Options

No Problem!

This discussion has been closed.