Adjust how the 'Reviewed' checkmark looks on the current transaction (edited)

Options
MtnCreed
MtnCreed Member ✭✭
edited January 25 in Feature Requests

When I hover over a line item in transactions or am editing a field (in the ledger, not the details window), it shows the transaction as reviewed. Then, when I navigate away from it, it shows it as un-reviewed. This is very confusing.

It would be helpful to have the following changes.

• When hovering over an item or editing a field in the ledger, don't show the transaction as reviewed
  • When hovering over the reviewed check for an item that is not reviewed, show a green review circle (not filled in) with a green check in the middle. This inverse icon should show that the action could be taken but hasn't happened yet.

5 votes

Completed · Last Updated

The 'Reviewed' checkmark has been fixed!

Comments

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Thanks for the recent updates, to name a few, SPEED(!!!!!), bulk marking as reviewed/not, and (rudimentary, hopefully just for now) date filters.

I have one piece of feedback that probably goes along with a recent change.

When I've clicked into a transaction, to edit the category or tags or put a note, I can't tell whether or not the transaction was reviewed. The green check mark displays either way which means I have to click out of the transaction to look and then go back to click the check mark if I want to mark it as reviewed. I'm not 100% sure if it's showing them in the same shade of green, but it's close enough that I really can't tell. I hope this is something you can fix since the reviewed feature is something that I use quite a lot to indicate which transactions have been categorized (and tagged if necessary) and which still need to be looked at.

Thank you!

• digimuzik
    Options

The reviewed flag is indistinguishable between reviewed and un-reviewed when hovering over a row. At first I thought this was due to my color-blindness - as I noticed the distinction was slightly more noticeable in light mode. But then I realized that whether or not the transaction is reviewed - the hovered row seems to display the same icon. The two images above this are of an un-reviewed transaction being hovered. The two below are of an already-reviewed transaction.

As a result, I'm constantly thinking a transaction is reviewed, only to have to go back and re-mark it as reviewed once I'm done editing a category / payee. A simple tweak of an outline (just a circle if unreviewed, and the outlined icon if it is) on row-hover would make this a lot clearer.

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi, this morning my post had 3 votes, now it looks like it got merged with another post but now there's only one upvote. Is there a way to get them back?

Thanks!

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Regarding formatting of the "unreviewed" checkbox, I was thinking maybe a gray checkmark in a circle, that turns green when the transaction is marked as reviewed. But @MtnCreed 's suggestion is also a good one!

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

agree, the UI of the reviewed button on the Transaction is poor. It's basically hard to know when it's been clicked on or off.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, we are taking a look at this and deciding how to proceed. I'll let you all know what we find out. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

I filed a ticket for this and will let everyone know when there's an update.

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you!

• MtnCreed
    MtnCreed Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, @Coach Natalie! It's great to see the product listen to and implement feedback.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey again everyone!

This should be addressed in the 3.94.0 Web Release. 😊

-Coach Natalie

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's great news! Any ETA on the release?

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie just saw the updated Review check, looks great! Thanks!

It's great to know that Simplifi's request and feedback system works.

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with @Max1223 - the review check looks great. Thanks @Coach Natalie !

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• EL1234
    EL1234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It looks great, thank you @Coach Natalie !

• Coach Natalie
    Options

So much better! 🥳

-Coach Natalie

• MtnCreed
    MtnCreed Member ✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie I love seeing feedback in action! Thank you for the hard work improving this.

This discussion has been closed.