Bill Connect not connecting to Xfinity or Geico

Options
UrsulaA
UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2 in Bills and Income

I was testing Bill Connect and trying to connect the payments to Xfinity and Geico. Both companies are available in Bill Connect but the connection process gets stuck. I checked my user name and password and they work. I logged in to the biller's sites to check that.

Xfinity has MFA on, Geico does not.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

Tagged:

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Geico just timed out on me

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@UrsulaA, thanks for reporting both of these Billers to the Community!

When viewing your Bill Connect connections from our end, I see the same message for both Xfinity and Geico that indicates they may not be supported for Quicken Simplifi. However, we can submit a ticket for each one to find out for sure. To do so, though, we need more details for each connection, such as:

• What specifically occurs with each connection, and where is the issue presented?
    • Are you prompted to complete MFA for either connection in Quicken Simplifi?
    • If so, are you able to receive the code and complete MFA?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello

Xfinity

The login process starts and I get prompted for a code on my phone. Code never arrives. I can login to Xfinity via its site. Then, the screen shows a never ending spinning circle with the message "Connecting to Xfinity"

After the error, I get a message along the lines of "We are working to connect with Xfinity, we will let you know if we need anything else"

Geico

This one does not have MFA. I got the spinning circle below. Then, it connected. 😊

Minter 2014-2023

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I turned off MFA with Xfinity to see if I will get further along. I got the message below:

We're working on linking XFINITY. We'll let you know if we need anything else.

Looks like you are correct @Coach Natalie - Xfinity is not supported yet.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, I think I recall seeing that Xfinity is not supported from past posts. But we can still submit a ticket if you'd like just to confirm.

Let us know!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie - yes, please submit a ticket. The bill connect support for billers like Xfinity is nice to have. I voted for a feature that I want, which is to link credit card statement balances and due dates to recurring reminders. Now I am doing that step manually each month for 3-4 credit cards I use.

Minter 2014-2023

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I find that bill connect is most useful with bills that actually vary monthly and/or seasonally. Electric, natural gas, water are examples. For bills that are static and don't change from month to month are already known factors for planning purposes and bill connect isn't so useful.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fair enough @DannyB. I was testing bill connect to see what it picked up. My car insurance changes every 6 months so I find being connected to GEICO useful.

Minter 2014-2023

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, I filed a ticket for Xfinity and will let you know when we hear back. You may also receive an email from someone at Quicken who works on these types of escalations.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UrsulaA, the escalation for Xfinity came back as a known issue with no ETA on a fix.

Sorry for not having better news!

-Coach Natalie

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the update, @Coach Natalie. I appreciate the patience and helpfulness of the Quicken Simplifi support teams and community with the influx of new users (mostly from Mint).

Minter 2014-2023

This discussion has been closed.