Discover Bank FDP-106 error (edited)

Options
Nett
Nett Member

Hi,

I was connected to Discover Bank for 20+ days with no issues about three or four days ago the connection failed and I have been unsuccessful connecting after trying everything in the chat bot suggested. Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Discover Bank, any tips to reconnect?
sadly, this may be a dealbreaker as Discover is one of my main accounts😩

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Nett, thanks for reaching out!

Can you provide a bit more detail as to what specifically is occurring, please? By "the connection failed", do you receive a specific error code or message, are transactions not downloading, is the balance not updating, or what exactly is going on?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Nett
    Options

Thank you, I keep getting a 106 error. Odd because I had been connected for several weeks with no problem.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Is the account(s) currently connected in your Quicken Simplifi? What kind of account(s) is it (banking, credit, etc)?

You mentioned you were connecting to Discover Bank. If the account(s) is a credit card, then you may want to try connecting to Discover Card instead. To do that, you would first make the account a manual account. You can use this link for directions on how to do that. You would then want to relink the account, being careful to choose Discover Card for the financial institution instead of Discover Bank. This link provides instructions on linking an account.

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Goodnite
    Options

Today, (12/29/23) I called Discover Tech Support … they are fully aware of the update problem of only my Discover Credit Card Account that began after Dec 8th. In addition they told me they are now working with Simplifi (Quicken) tech support. They have no ETA to solve this problem. They agreed that this solution is one of those "Aha" issues where the answer may show up suddenly or who knows when. No way to predict.

• Goodnite
    Options

Keep in mind that this is only a problem of updating Discover Card account itself into Simplifi. Discover Card for me still is current and accurate. I continue telling myself to be patient with the process.

This discussion has been closed.