Line of Credit Charges and Payments Reversed

Options

Every charge to my line of credit shows as a positive transaction and every payment to my line of credit shows as a negative transaction. This makes sense, in that, charges increase the amount I owe, but I use my line of credit to pay some of my bills and therefore it's included in my spending plan. My spending plan is completely messed up since these bills are showing as income once they are processed. There doesn't seem to be any issue with a credit card I have from the same bank, those transactions process appropriately.

For reference, the recurring bill reminders show the individual bills being paid out of the line of credit and then a separate weekly transfer reminder from my checking account to the line of credit.

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @jdholland013,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? Is this an account that you update manually, or do you have it set up for automatic download? What categories are you using for these transactions? If you're willing, could you please provide a screenshot of the issue, with any personal information redacted?

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• jdholland013
    Options

Hi Kristina,

Thanks for your quick response, sorry for my delayed response. This account is linked and automatically updated along with my checking, savings, and credit card accounts with this bank. I've attached a screenshot, each transaction shown as a positive is actually a payment our for a bill and each transaction shown as a negative is actually a payment towards the balance of the line of credit.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@jdholland013, thanks for confirming the issue and providing a screenshot!

It looks like you're seeing what's called a reverse register in Quicken Simplifi. To escalate this issue, we need the following data:

1. The name of the account the issue is occurring with, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The balance for the account in Quicken Simplifi.
    3. The balance for the account on the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the same example transactions you provided above in the screenshot of your Quicken Simplifi account register, but from the bank's website so we can see a comparison.
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

We look forward to working with you to get this resolved!

-Coach Natalie

• jdholland013
    Options

Thanks Natalie. Do I post that information here or can I direct message it to you?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jdholland013, you can DM it to me here in the Community if you prefer to keep it private.

Otherwise, if you're looking for a private support experience in general, you'd want to report the issue to our Support Team directly: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• jdholland013
    Options

Hi Natalie,

I sent the requested info to you via a private message, but I haven't heard back. Do I need to post the info here?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jdholland013, I'm so sorry this was missed!

Due to the amount of time that's passed, let's take a fresh look at this. If you haven't already done so, and if you haven't made a lot of manual adjustments that you'll be losing by doing so, please try deleting and re-adding the account. It's possible that the bank has already implemented a fix, so we want to confirm that the issue is still occurring with new transactions.

If the issue persists, please provide fresh data using new examples:

1. The name of the account the issue is occurring with, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi (if this differs from your original DM).
    2. The current balance for the account in Quicken Simplifi.
    3. The current balance for the account on the bank's website.
    4. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 3 new example transactions the issue is occurring with.
    5. A screenshot of the Transaction Detail window for each of the provided examples that shows the "Appears on your statement as…" info (this is easiest to obtain from the Web App).
    6. A screenshot of the same example transactions from the bank's website showing that they're charges instead of credits and vice versa.
    7. A fresh screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Please feel free to DM this info again, but go ahead and post back here to let us know just to make sure nothing is missed this time. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• jdholland013
    Options

Hi Natalie,

Sorry for the delay, I just DM'ed the requested information. Thanks again for your help.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jdholland013, thanks for the DM!

To clarify, since some time has passed again, we'd again want to take a fresh look at this before escalating it. With that, before sending the requested info via DM, were you able to try deleting and re-adding the account to see if the issue is still occurring for freshly downloaded transactions?

Also, can you send a screenshot of the balance for the account in Quicken Simplifi so we can compare it to the screenshot from the bank's website, please? Based on the data you provided, it sounds like you're also seeing a reverse balance, so we want to confirm that.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.