Income is missing for December in the Spending Plan (edited)

Options
Max1223
Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 25 in Report a Bug

I logged into Simplifi this morning and found my upcoming recurring transactions in the Income section missing for the month of Dec. They still show up in following months, but I 100% know the recurring income was there yesterday.

fyi when I view All Recurring Transactions, the upcoming transaction graph DOES show as a light green bar in Dec vs a dark green bar in past transactions, so the recurring rules are working, just not in the Spending plan.

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Max1223,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! To look into this further, could you please specify if you encountered this issue on the Web app, the Mobile app, or both? Did logging out and back in again correct the issue? Are you able to post screenshots (with any personal information redacted) to show us what you are seeing?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Kristina It's happening on both Web and Mobile versions. Still missing data after a refresh and logging in and out.

In December there really isnt a screen shot as the entry shown in the image below for Jan is just missing in Dec, that is the issue. fyi, Dec used to show as an "upcoming" post but somehow disappeared in the last few days.

below is Jan where it only shows my upcoming Jan income accurately that will post on the 25th.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Max1223, thanks for posting back!

To clarify, is the missing income set up as a Recurring Series? If so, have any of your income transactions for the month of December been downloaded and linked to the associated Recurring Reminder(s)? Does the Income section of the Spending Plan show anything for the month of December, whether upcoming reminders or posted transactions? Have you tried editing the Recurring Income Series to correct the date of the next upcoming Reminder to December?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Coach Natalie thanks for the line of questions. Now that the transaction date has passed, I think I need to see if this happens again in January. Some answers here:

is the missing income set up as a Recurring Series? YES, fyi none of my other Income line items are recurring, they just show up as posted when they happen. Wonder if the recurring status is causing problems.

have any of your income transactions for the month of December been downloaded and linked to the associated Recurring Reminder(s)? I am unsure of linked status, which is something I can't seem to find, how to view linked status of a given transaction?

Does the Income section of the Spending Plan show anything for the month of December YES, incomes show up as posted as they happen. None are set to Recurring. FYI I do have Recurring transactions in Bills and Subscriptions, that seems to work as expected. Posted on date and show as upcoming otherwise.

Have you tried editing the Recurring Income Series NO to editing Recurring Income in December. The date has past and it's now a Posted transaction. At the moment, not sure what I'd edit. FYI the Recurring transaction IS showing in Jan at the moment. Again this was the core bug: the Recurring transaction showed as upcoming in Dec, then disappeared for a few days, then reappeared when actually posted.

One thing to note, this income is actually a transfer from an Investment account to a checking account. I have the transaction from the investment account hidden from spending plan and reports and the transaction from the checking account showing everywhere.

Please let me know if there is anything I should do for January, e.g. make the transaction NOT recurring, or make others Recurring for that matter.

Thanks for your support. I really appreciate your help.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Max1223, thanks for posting back with additional details!

Since it sounds like everything is reflecting properly for January, I don't think you need to do anything further there. To correct the issue for December, I'd suggest locating the posted transactions and manually linking them to the Recurring Income Series by following the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4436514-linking-transactions-to-reminders#h_1200fab18f

This should show the transactions as "Received" in the Income section of the Spending Plan for the month they're dated for (December). As for additional income being counted in the Income section of the Spending Plan even when it's not "recurring", this is by design. Our Spending Plan article here contains more details: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4212702-using-the-quicken-simplifi-spending-plan#h_5c5f8dbd5b

Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

One idea from skimming above: I don't think transfers would show in the 'income' section; they would more likely show in the 'transfers' area (if one side is hidden, then as income in the transfers area). You may have already known that, but i figure I'd share this just in case.

Rob Wilkens

• Max1223
    Max1223 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie Thanks for the info, the links to the Spending Plans were helpful. I'll go through Jan to see how they work out.

This discussion has been closed.