Hello! + Best Banks?

Options
GigaFusion
GigaFusion Member
edited January 22 in Introduce yourself!

HELLO!

After HOURS of researching…I am 90% confident Quicken Simplifi is the best budget app out there with the most potential. Little things to still work through (I have a lot of ideas relating to “forecasts” and the “savings goals”) but think over time they will be fleshed out. I still keep an Excel for some of the gaps, but use this with my partner to make it easy to track our budget and say “here are alerts and the single app to go right on your phone!”

QUESTION: BEST BANKS?

I’m in the process of looking for a new checking account and savings account and before I fully commit to the switch - curious which ones seem to work the best with Simplifi? I’m really looking for one that support pending transactions. I’ve been with a larger bank but I am also looking for an High Yield Savings Account. Capital One I started to move over to but lack of pending transactions is really bothering me.

Appreciate the help! 😀

Comments

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @GigaFusion - I use Wells Fargo and it recently allowed pending transactions. For high yield savings, Marcus by Goldman Sachs connects well. Marcus posts transactions fast without them lingering in pending status so I would not now if it does not post pending transactions.

Re: Capital One - you are correct, it does not download pending transactions. I have credit cards there. I enter some large transactions manually in the Capital One accounts and mark them as pending. Simplifi has done a good job at matching the manual with the pending manual transactions once such clear at Capital One. No complaints on data quality at Simplifi for me.

As you know, your mileage may vary on this depending on which institutions you use.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• GigaFusion
    Options

thanks UrsulaA! That’s super helpful I’ll check that out with the manual transactions.

Has anyone had luck with Chase credit cards? I use credit cards for all of my spending so if there’s another card that works with pending, I think one over there is comparable to one I have with Capital One.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @GigaFusion

Welcome to Q-Simplifi!

Like @UrsulaA, I am a Wells Fargo customer and have had no problems with my connection. WF recently updated their connection method and with that change seems to have added included pending transactions to the downloads and @UrsulaA says.

I have a credit card and hys account with CapitalOne. I use the cc sparingly so haven't paid any attention to the pending issue. Otherwise I haven't had any problems with that connection.

My main credit card is with Citi (Costco Everywhere card). Pending transactions appear on day of use during the unfolding of the day. If I charge a purchase anytime during the day a pending transaction will appear in my Q-Simplifi register for that account before end of day typically. No problems with this connection.

I have a hys account with Synchrony for some long term savings. Synchrony is a Credit Card issuer for a lot of retailers and not as far as I know a full-blown banking institution.

I have automatic deposits set up for both hys accounts initiated on the receiving accounts side and there is some lag time from when these transfers are initiated and when they are completed, but this has not been an issue since these funds are not meant for immediate use.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.