Dashboard Spending Plan Widget -- Error Loading Data

Options
xnn7
xnn7 Member
edited February 2 in Report a Bug

Recently whenever I login to my dashboard, I get an error on the spending plan widget. The error simply says "error loading data," and hitting "try again" does not resolve it. Has anyone encountered this or have a way around it? I have tried pressing the refresh button on the bottom left sidebar and sometimes that helps it appear, but more often than not now the widget just sits empty with the error!

I should note that when I go to the dedicated spending plan page, all my data is there perfectly including my income, bills, savings goals and other spending. So it's just the dashboard widget that appears mysteriously broken…

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@xnn7, thanks for reaching out!

If you're still experiencing this issue in Quicken Simplifi, please let us know if it's occurring on the Web App, the Mobile App, or both. If it's just occurring on the Web App, which appears to be where your screenshot is from, please try from a different browser or in incognito/private mode to see if the issue is presented there as well.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• xnn7
    xnn7 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie ! It only happens on the web app using Safari on Mac (or Safari on iPad, both have the same behavior). When I opened an incognito window that appeared to immediately resolve it—the newly logged in incognito window showed the spending plan widget immediately. Is there no workaround for my normal browser while I remain logged in? Should I just remove cookies or cache or something?

Thanks for your help!

Xander

• Tslmcdonald
    Options

I have the same problem. Going incognito eliminates the error, but working incognito is not a permanent solution. I am using the web app in Chrome. Deleting all temporary files does not work. Is there am actual solution?

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Usually, if things work in incognito, simply clearing cache & cookies is often enough to make it work the same outside of incognito. Edit: make sure to clear for 'all time' not for example 'last hour'.

Rob Wilkens

• Tslmcdonald
    Options

Thank you RobWilk. That worked. I am a competent (perhaps) user, but not sophisticated in system setup or operations. What was missing from the advice was some guidance in clearing cache and cookies. I first went to Windows setup and cleared temporary files, that did not work. The clue in your answer was 'last hour'. Windows setup did not include a time period option. I then decided to search clearing cache and cookies in my primary browser (Chrome). That worked. I am sure this was obvious to you, but it was not to me.

Thank you for responding, I appreciate it.

• xnn7
    xnn7 Member
    Options

I also have now removed cache cookies and local storage from Safari for Simplifi and it has begun working. Will update if it breaks again! Thanks everyone :)

• wassimchao
    Options

Thank you for this community! i was ablet o resolve this error by clearing my site cookies and now its working

This discussion has been closed.