Integration with Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) for Military Veteran's Accounts (edited)

Options
lkstaack
lkstaack Unconfirmed, Member
edited December 2023 in Feature Requests

I receive monthly payments from the Veteran's Administration and MyPay, the Department of Defense's military retiree system. Is there any way to get them added?

I suspect that the answer is "No", because the security on these networks are so tight, it's hard for me to login when I need to. I'm a new user and searched for keywords on this site; I'm surprised it's never been brought up.

Tagged:
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

adding my vote and my support for veterans.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @lkstaack Thank you for your service. I also am a Vet but not a retiree.

I'm wondering if your monthly payment is a direct deposit into your regular bank account or if My Pay is a banking system with banking services like checking, savings, etc?

Do you have transactions through MyPay that affect your spending plan other than your monthly payment?

I'm only asking to clarify your request.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@lkstaack, thanks for posting your suggestion to the Community!

Yes, for this request to be considered, we need to know if MyPay is a financial institution where you can log in to their website and access your accounts, such as a checking or a savings account. If so, please provide the URL used when signing into the bank's website.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• lkstaack
    lkstaack Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

MyPay isn't a bank or financial institution; it's the user interface of the Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS). It provides earning and tax statements, and self-serve finance changes. Payment is direct deposited into a users bank account. MyPay is accessed via "mypay.dfas.mil" with two-factor authorization.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@lkstaack, thanks for confirming!

I went ahead and turned this into a Feature Request instead of a Missing Financial Institution Request. 😉

-Coach Natalie