Credit Union transactions downloading as "POS/Check Card Withdrawal"

Options

Comments

• Gray Moose
    Gray Moose Member
    edited December 2023
    Options

I have the same issue. My credit union has two fields: Description and Memo. For my bank, every use of my card results in Description = "POS/Check Card Withdrawal" and Memo = name of vendor. For example, Description = "POS/Check Card Withdrawal" and Memo = "CHIPOTLE ONLINE CHIPOTLE.COM CAUS." However, Simplifi only imports the Description field and changes the many card transactions to the same payee: "POS / Amazon." This makes it impossible to track spending, subscriptions, etc. in any meaningful way as the vast majority of my transactions appear to be for "POS / Amazon." Simplifi cannot identify recurring transactions to vendors using my bank card information and cannot correctly classify transactions. This makes Simplifi useless to me, unfortunately.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Gray Moose, thanks for reaching out!

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue that we've seen pop up with credit union accounts/transactions. To be sure, though, please provide the following info:

1. The type of account the issue is occurring with.
    2. Are only certain types of transactions downloading this way (i.e. only transactions where a debit card or bill pay was used)?
    3. Is the issue unique to a specific bank/account (i.e. do you have other banks in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem/do you have other accounts with this bank in Quicken Simplifi that don't have this problem)?
    4. How does the "Appears on your statement as…" info read for the transactions in question (this can be found in the Transaction Detail view).

We look forward to your reply!

This discussion has been closed.